Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Koyasan: Shukubu with Okomori Plan? 2013/7/23 22:31
So I am almost done with my Japan itenary and booking of accomodation.
However, my biggest trouble remains the whole Koyasan temple lodging. So expenisve, so little info/ reviews and sometimes quite unsettling in terms of confidence of whether it is worth 20,000Yen (+/- 4000) per night or not (for 2).
After I received word that the Shojoshin-in has suddenly been forced to close due to legal affaird, I am looking at Eko-in.
Trying to desperately find more info, I stumpled across this review http://templelodging.com/spot/05kansai/koyasan023.html and it mentiones an "Okomori Plan" that allows for cheaper rates. Can anyone help with that?
Otherwise, any suggestions on hwere would be anice place to stay where we cnanot merely eat the food and sleep, but actually feel welcome as opposed to an annoyance (as quite some travellers have reported). Maybe a place where they bother to tell you a bit about their beliefs or explain about the ceremony?

thank you :)
by a-mole (guest)  

Re: Koyasan: Shukubu with Okomori Plan? 2013/7/25 17:28
noone heard of the Okomori plan? too bad
by a-mole (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Koyasan: Shukubu with Okomori Plan? 2013/7/29 17:06
I have not heard of the Okomori plan either. Eko-in has their own website if you need more information on that temple. http://www.ekoin.jp/en/

Temple lodging is very subjective, so each person has their own view on the issue if it is worth the money or not.

There are reviews and detailed information on a local community site called Kumano Travel. There is also a guesthouse in Koyasan for less money, if budget is an issue.

http://www.kumano-travel.com/index/en/action_ContentsList_SearchExec/i...
by Shukubo-chan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Koyasan: Shukubu with Okomori Plan? 2013/8/10 15:43
the okomori plan- Every 20th, there is a special rate for believers who come to pray for KoboDaishi.
You share rooms with other Japanese and must talk in Japanese
so it is not for everyone.however i found out that some temples give a midweek discount of 20%.(8000 for 1 16000 for 2)
by yaari rate this post as useful

Re: Koyasan: Shukubu with Okomori Plan? 2013/8/10 15:45
Every 20th, there is a special rate un eko-in for believers who come to pray for KoboDaishi.
You share rooms with other Japanese and must talk in Japanese.
other temples give discounts on midweeks of 20%

Re: Koyasan: Shukubu with Okomori Plan? 2013/8/10 17:22
I am interested with the Okomori Plan but the website is totally Japanese. Can someone help ?
Is there any other website that I can see photos of the place and more information ?
What's their check in & check out date/time ?
by Lee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Koyasan: Shukubu with Okomori Plan? 2013/8/10 17:29
the okomuri plan is only for pilgrims(who speak japanese) who come to pray and not for tourists.
if you want to stay for cheaper prices try the hostel or come in the middle of the week when other temples have reduced prices.

Re: Koyasan: Shukubu with Okomori Plan? 2013/8/10 17:39

reply to this thread