Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best way to send Big Parcel from Japan? 2013/8/3 22:57
I am about to purchase a big decoration ceramic box in Japan.

However, I am worry about how to send it back to my Country?

It's weight is about 25-30 kg I guess and it's fragile which require strict packaging.

Is EMS the best way? or any suggestion?

Thank you!
by Fufu (guest)  

Re: Best way to send Big Parcel from Japan? 2013/8/6 11:25
Depends on how valuable it is - is it a serious antique piece?

EMS with your own careful packaging is one way. If it is really valuable, you could ask Nittsu or other moving company for their professional art packaging and shipping, which would be expensive.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Best way to send Big Parcel from Japan? 2013/8/6 14:39
I shipped large boxes with books home from Japan from the Post Office relatively cheaply via surface mail; it took 2 months to arrive but it arrived perfectly fine for a fraction of the cost of shipping packages at that weight. Ask about FUNABIN prices.
by Hoshisato rate this post as useful

Re: Best way to send Big Parcel from Japan? 2013/8/6 17:49
Hoshisato-san,

Books aren't fragile... I've sent books and clothing via surface mail, but the boxes tend to get bumped around... I think the original poster is talking about something really fragile.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Best way to send Big Parcel from Japan? 2013/8/6 20:25
I think it is important to realize that surface mail or EMS would need very careful packaging.

The boxes I received via surface mail were in the identical state that I shipped them in, the last box I received via EMS was quite bumped with a hole in it. This might have easily happened at Parcel Force in the UK and not in Japan, yet it cooled me a bit on EMS shipping.
by Hoshisato rate this post as useful

Re: Best way to send Big Parcel from Japan? 2013/8/6 20:58
Thanks all for suggestion.

I think EMS would be the choice.
by Fufu (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread