Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

pre-order hotels 2013/8/9 04:00
is it important to pre-order the hotels for the trip or is it ok to just start from a hotel in tokyo and order from there the rest of the hotels, and is there a recommended hotel in kyoto?
by maya (guest)  

Re: pre-order hotels 2013/8/9 10:07
is it important to pre-order the hotels for the trip or is it ok to just start from a hotel in tokyo and order from there the rest of the hotels

Either is ok. It depends on your travel style, budget, and the season in which you'll be travelling.

is there a recommended hotel in kyoto?

what is your budget?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: pre-order hotels 2013/8/9 17:39
There is an advantage of book in advance. Many hotels, especially business hotels, offers special price plan for booking many days in advance.

I have a trip to Japan in November and already booked all 15 hotels. And I got good price on many of them. Some offers really good discounts. For example, I got 5500 yen per day from 8000 yen regular price for booking more than 28 days in advance.
by Sitti01 rate this post as useful

Re: pre-order hotels 2013/8/9 19:15
Exactly what your choice to book hotel and which season is best to plan tour.
by ramkmrt1 rate this post as useful

Re: pre-order hotels 2013/8/10 00:03
Sitti01, did you book directly with the hotel?
by Koh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: pre-order hotels 2013/8/10 01:06
Try searching from various sites like booking.com, hotels.com and some of these japanese site and compare them with the hotel directly, you can get various results, as some hotels offer you early bird discount like book 7, 14, 21 or 30 days in advance for better offer.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: pre-order hotels 2013/8/10 01:15
I've done both. The advantage to having them pre-booked is that you safe some money and have a guaranteed booking; you do lose flexibility. The only time I have had an issue with getting a last minute hotel has been the in the fall for Kyoto. Hotels book up in advance for the change of leaves. I'm assuming it might be similiar for sakura blossoms and maybe during Golden Week.
by CC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: pre-order hotels 2013/8/10 04:17
Yes, mostly I booked directly with the hotel and in Japanese. I noticed when you book through English language of that same hotel web site, you often get little higher price than Japanese language site, and you have to enter credit card info at the time of booking for deposit.

I also like booking with the hotel because of simple cancellation policy. Usually you can cancel up to 2 days before check-in date without any penalty. Whatever you do, don't use agoda.com. They always charge cancellation penalty.
by Sitti01 rate this post as useful

Re: pre-order hotels 2013/8/10 18:49
we are visiting japan between 22/8-11/9 an right now only booked hotels in tokyo.
by mayab142 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread