Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shin-Kobe station for Kansai Wide Area Pass 2013/8/10 16:26
Dear Sir,

1.Can I use the Kansai Wide Area Pass to travel on Shinkansen from Shin-Osaka to Shin-Kobe or vice versa, in addition to Himeiji enroute to Okayama ?

2.If yes, for my route from Shin-Kobe station to Kyoto station, I will travel by Shinkansen to Shin-Osaka and transfer to JR Special Rapid train at Shin-Osaka to Kyoto because I can't take direct Shinkansen from Shin-Kobe to Kyoto, using the KWAP. Is it right?

3. Any restrictions, beside unreserved seats on Shinkansen Sakura or Hikari or Kodama train numbers that I can't take with KWAP.

Thank you.
Christine
by Christine (guest)  

Re: Shin-Kobe station for Kansai Wide Area Pass 2013/8/11 09:03
Can I use the Kansai Wide Area Pass to travel on Shinkansen from Shin-Osaka to Shin-Kobe or vice versa, in addition to Himeiji enroute to Okayama ?

Yes, the pass and its coverage area are explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_08.html

If yes, for my route from Shin-Kobe station to Kyoto station, I will travel by Shinkansen to Shin-Osaka and transfer to JR Special Rapid train at Shin-Osaka to Kyoto because I can't take direct Shinkansen from Shin-Kobe to Kyoto, using the KWAP. Is it right?

Yes, that's right.

Any restrictions, beside unreserved seats on Shinkansen Sakura or Hikari or Kodama train numbers that I can't take with KWAP.

No, you can take any shinkansen (Nozomi, Sakura, Kodama, Mizuho, Hikari), as long as you use an unreserved seat.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread