Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese winter 2013/8/10 17:02
I'm from Australia and have never seen snow in my whole life and it's always been my dream to see snow!!

I'm planning to go to Japan from early December - mid January. I also want to go to many places around Japan and Sapporo is included because I hear their snowfall is the best. Is this time period the right time to see snow?
by fuwaface  

Re: Japanese winter 2013/8/11 10:40
January and February is the best time for winter in Japan. Depending on the year and location, early December can be too early for snow.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese winter 2013/8/11 15:29
Where in Australia are you from?
We used to go to Snowy Mountain in NSW/Victoria border area for skiing often in the winter even though the lift was short.
Some northern Japan Sea sides from Niigata to Akita areas get 3m high snow, the snow falls the most in late Jan. to Feb. for skiing.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese winter 2013/8/12 07:27
I'm from Brisbane!

I don't even mind only getting to see a sprinkle of snow haha, yeah I was really keen to plan a trip to see Sapporo's snow festival, hmmm maybe I can squeeze in some more time before I go back to Australia to see the snow festival, dream come true!
by fuwaface rate this post as useful

reply to this thread