Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Autumn leaves in Takasaki - Kusatsu 2013/8/11 11:04
Hello: Any chance of viewing Autumn leaves near Kusatsu or Yubatake at the end of October? Thanks for any tips.
by Jnogen (guest)  

Re: Autumn leaves in Takasaki - Kusatsu 2013/8/11 11:46
Late October usually seems to be a good timing for the trees around the town of Kusatsu, however, it is not particularly well known as an autumn color spot. More famous for colors is Mount Shirane above Kusatsu Onsen, but the colors there are usually best in early October.

Down in Takasaki, the colors are not usually peaking until late November.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Autumn leaves in Takasaki - Kusatsu 2013/8/12 00:55
Thanks Uji for all your tips and advice,if I may I'd like to know where I could find some Autumn leaves around in 2 or 3 hours from Tokyo during
that time using the JR Pass and thanks again for all your information.
by Jnogen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Autumn leaves in Takasaki - Kusatsu 2013/8/12 08:38
Nikko, Mount Tanigawa or Karuizawa are some of the places that may have nice colors in late October. If I were you, I would just wait until you are in Japan and then get the up-to-date information at a local tourist information or on japan-guide.com where the colors are currently best, and then flexibly decide on where to go.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Autumn leaves in Takasaki - Kusatsu 2013/8/12 11:30
Thanks Uji for your tips,definitely I'll follow your advice and wait 'til then.
by Jnogen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Autumn leaves in Takasaki - Kusatsu 2013/8/12 11:43
Thanks uji for the information about Mount Shirane, I will be visiting Mount Shirane on the 10th october.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread