Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What to show to the girlfriend? 2013/8/11 21:05
Hi there,
I have been in Japan last year in August and it was awesome since then I am allways annoying my GF to go there together with me and now she finaly agreed to go there for 2-3 weeks trough Christmas and New Year together with me :)

But I am not exactly sure where to go with her :P
We will be staying somewhere in Tôkyô and I think we will go to Tobu and Seibu and that Cat House in Ikebukuro but I don't think she will go into any Maid Cafe or Anime/Manga related places ^^V

I was thinking of doing a short 2 days trip to Kyoto with the Bus but I read around new Year it is a bad idea as this is the time where many Japanese leave Tôkyô to visit their family ....

Any suggestions for a ~2 week stay in Tôkyô ?
by XYoukaiX  

Re: What to show to the girlfriend? 2013/8/12 10:33
Disneyland!!
If you are planning a side trip instead of Kyoto I can suggest renting a car and driving to Hakuba in Nagano, and skiing for the day. There are several great quiet hotels and restaurants. It's an amazing atmosphere in winter time. On your way back to Tokyo stop at Jigokudani monkey park near Yamanouchi, it's a short hike into the mountain and the spring with wild monkeys everywhere! Your girlfriend will not be disappointed with this trip! Mine wasn't!!!
by Taylor Vee rate this post as useful

Re: What to show to the girlfriend? 2013/8/12 11:28
I'm doing something similar in late September. On my itinerary I've included (for her):
Odaiba (shopping!)
Ginza on a Sunday (more shopping!!)
Harajuku on a Sunday
Ikebukuro
Asakusa
Ueno
Ghibli Museum
Kawagoe
Yanaka

And side trips outside Tokyo:
Nikko
Hakone (overnight)
Takayama (2 nights)
Enoshima and Kamukura

The only place I've planned for me is Nakano Broadway and Kabukicho. I am going and try and secretly take her to Kujiraya though :)

That will fill our 2 weeks at a leisurely pace. We wanted to avoid the Disneys, but you can include them in your itinerary.
by Obak3 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread