Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Enough time to see Awa Puppet Show? 2013/8/14 10:48
I will arriving at the JR Tokushima Station about 12:14 on Nov 25. I hope to immediately catch the #7 bus to the Jurobei Yashiki-mae bus stop and visit the Awa Jurobei Yashiki to see the 14:00 puppet show and then immediately return to the train station for the 15:27 train to Takamatsu. I don't know how long the puppet show will run. Is it possible to do the above? Thank you for any information you can give me, especially any bus timetable that I need to follow.
by Tokushima visitor (guest)  

Re: Enough time to see Awa Puppet Show? 2013/8/14 14:44
If the following bus schedule is up-to-date there is a good chance you can make it though a bit rush. If you are there during weekends or holidays you won't be able to make it. Nov 25 this year is a Monday (hopefully not a follow-up holiday of Labour Thanksgiving Day on Nov 23). Even if the show is longer than an hour I suppose you can leave early to catch the 15.04 bus back to Tokushima JR station.

http://joruri.info/jurobe/bus_english.pdf

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Enough time to see Awa Puppet Show? 2013/8/15 02:10
Thank you so much William5 for the bus schedule. I'll use it to plan my visit and perhaps try to go on Nov 26 (weekday for sure) instead. If anyone knows how long the puppet show is, I'll greatly appreciate that answer.
by Tokushima visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Enough time to see Awa Puppet Show? 2013/8/15 04:31
If you can't get any answer here, try sending an enquiry to the Tokushima City through the following online email webpage.

https://www1.city.tokushima.lg.jp/mail/english.html

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Enough time to see Awa Puppet Show? 2013/8/15 09:46
I saw it last spring - it takes about half an hour - after you can have your photo taken with the puppets - it was great fun - there is also a little gift shop and museum to see on the grounds. I wouldn't want to rush that much - can't you take the next train?
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Enough time to see Awa Puppet Show? 2013/8/15 10:18
Maranyc, thank you so much for your information on the length of the puppet show. Now I know I'll have a little time before and after the puppet show to see the things you mentioned. If possible, I'll try to take the subsequent train as you suggested so that everything won't be so rushed.

Again, thank you so much to William5 and Maranyc for all the provided information.
by Tokushima Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread