Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel itinenary and Kyoto 2013/8/14 20:54
Hi there, probably there are has been plenty of questions regarding this topic but would still appreciate some opinions. We are spending 13 days in Japan in October this year. The planned itinerary is Tokyo 3 nights - Matsumoto 2 nights ( we want to visit Kamikochi for a day ) - Kyoto 3 nights ( including a day trip to Nara ) - Hiroshima 2 nights and then back to Tokyo for 2 nights. We are really doubting if we should spend another night in Kyoto and then just have one final night in Tokyo? Don't really feel like leaving Kyoto feeling there would have been still many things to see but then again so there is in Tokyo :) This is our first time in Japan.
by Lotta (guest)  

Re: Travel itinenary and Kyoto 2013/8/16 00:56
I think 2 full days in Kyoto is the minimum. Obviously more is better.

I would research Tokyo more - it's the wildcard. Do you love big cities? Some people would be happy with 2 days in Tokyo, whereas some want at least a week.
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

Re: Travel itinenary and Kyoto 2013/8/16 03:09
If it were me I'd seriously consider cutting Hiroshima down to just one night. But if you know that you want to spend two, that's fine.
by Aoi Ninami rate this post as useful

Re: Travel itinenary and Kyoto 2013/8/16 05:50
Thanks for the comments, regarding big cities yes we like them, we live in one :) But that is also why a smaller place maybe attracts more this time so we need to really consider staying one more night in Kyoto in the end.
About Hiroshima, the idea to stay two nights was as we dont really want to rush anywhere and wanted to stay minimum two nights in each place. Also the idea is to visit Miyajima whilst there.
by Lotta (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread