Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Traveling to Japan in September/October 2013 2013/8/15 06:58
Hello,

My wife and I will be traveling to Japan for the first time starting September 18th!

Due to the way the tickets worked out, we'll be flying into Tokyo, and then have 7 nights. We then fly to Bali for 6 nights, and fly back into Tokyo for 3 days before coming back to America.

We realize this isn't ideal but we're trying to make the best of it. The places we'd really like to see are:

- Kyoto
- Nara
- Koyasan
- Tokyo

However, we're not as interested in seeing the big city life, so I doubt we'd be exploring all of Tokyo. We're more interested in old Japan. With that in mind, does it make sense to do Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara in the first 7 days, and Koyasan in the last 3? Or is that not a good idea?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
by Raj (guest)  

Re: Traveling to Japan in September/October 2013 2013/8/15 08:43
If these are the destinations you plan to visit, I see no alternative to visiting the Kansai Region twice on both your visits. What to visit on which visit is a different question. It doesn't really matter that much.

The ideal situation would be if you could fly to Bali from Osaka. Then you would not have to make the time-consuming and expensive round trip between Tokyo and Osaka twice.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread