Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

No masks as souvenir 2013/9/15 01:25
Hi,

I will be traveling through Japan in October and I would love to take 2 or 3 No masks back home. Not the very expensive wooden ones but maybe more cheap replicas. The types I have in mind are those depicting Tengu or Oni.

My question is: where can I buy them? Are they easy to find?

I will be in these places, in this order (Tokyo, Nikko, Takayama, Kanazwa, Kyoto, Nara, Koya san, Hiroshima, Kagoshima, Yakushima, Osaka)
by jc86 (guest)  

Re: No masks as souvenir 2013/9/15 23:09
you are looking for something like these?
http://www.katanaya-asakusa.com/shop/?SHOP+c+52+e+0+g+ha51486314+o+1+p...

You could probably be founded at Asakusa in Tokyo, Shinkyogoku or Kiyomizu Temple street in Kyoto etc.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: No masks as souvenir 2013/9/15 23:11
and also check very carefully of your import regulation in your country(customs). Some countries do not permit to bring wooden crafts because of environment security reasons.

Re: No masks as souvenir 2013/9/15 23:30
Thank you. I didn't plan to buy a wooden one anyway because of the price (instead I am looking for a replica, also in plastic). And I am also thinking of buying it in the last days of the trip so I don't have to bring them with me the whole trip.

That is why I wanted to ask if they are quite easy to get also in other places. Best of all would be at the Osaka airport before I leave ;)

Are there shops there where I can find something like that? Or japanese souvenirs in general?
by jc86 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: No masks as souvenir 2013/9/16 00:39
There are several souvenir shops in Kansai International Airport. I'm not sure whether you can find things you are looking for at the airport shops.

and also I'm not sure at Itami Airport(Osaka International Airport), because Itami airport is a domestic airport thus not many tourists from overseas are there.

reply to this thread