Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

About Kabuki 2013/9/17 04:00
I plan to buy 2 tickets for Kabuki at Kabukiza Theater on October 12 for November (we will be in Tokyo from the 5th to the 12th. I have read somewhere that there is the possibilities of watching eather one act or both acts. My questions are:
1. How can I choose which Kabuki could be interesting for us (for which day) taking into account that this will be our first encounter with Kabuki?
2. In the case that there is the possibility to buy for 1 act or session only, is that possible to do that online also?
Thank you for the time it will take you to answer me
by damag  

Re: About Kabuki 2013/9/17 13:49
Twenty years ago, I was going sometimes to Kabuki-za Theatre.
The seats of 1 act(makumi-sekiA–‹Œ©Èj, 1 act even seen.
It can be seen with ease, since it can not be reserved and also be seen as a stand in some cases.
Further, since entering from the entrance of the private, there is little souvenir shop.
(The new Kabuki-za, souvenir corner also Located in the Kabuki-za galleries, stores on the second floor underground may be available)
The repertoire of this time, (story is connected to) so Toshi-kyogen, if you have time I think the person who while listening to earphone guide in English, to see the end of the night or part of the day is good.
http://www.kabuki-bito.jp/eng/top.html
I think if you want to taste a little atmosphere, it is good seats of 1 act.
by haro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About Kabuki 2013/10/8 05:43
I would like to know if the purchase of Kabuki tickets at Kabukiza Theatre on October 12 for November are so demanded (we want only in Upper Tier B (the last 4 rows on level 3), because for us - we leave abroad - Japan's 10am is 4am the same day. I would like to receive your opinion. Thank you very much
by damag rate this post as useful

Re: About Kabuki 2013/10/8 09:58
B seat on the third floor is the seat the most popular.
So, I think it is early in the morning, but better to book as soon as is good.
There is, is the seat of the person who put the actor to shout even sit down.
I'm sorry slow to write, but I feel towards the repertoire of the Meijiza theater is likely to enjoy performances at the Kabukiza theater than to the beginner.
(Because there is dance Ren-jishi)
Still, the cheapest ticket on the 11-12th seems to have remained somewhat.
More at the Kabukiza theater is great shopping and building.

Re: About Kabuki 2013/10/9 02:21
Thank you very much for your answer

Re: About Kabuki 2013/10/9 03:26
Haro:
I didn't quite understand what you wrote about the Meijiza Theatre, did you mean you recommend more this theatre for beginners because it has the Ren-jishi dance? I appreciate your comments and thank you very much

Re: About Kabuki 2013/10/9 11:38
damag:
I think Kabuki Meijiza of November, Ren-jishi also being said, there is a gorgeous dance, story major is large.
The Synopsis of Kabuki, I can see here.
http://www.kabuki21.com/novembre2013.php
http://www.kabuki21.com/pieces.php

reply to this thread