Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pump breast milk in public 2013/9/17 22:37
I'm traveling to Osaka, Kobe, Nara and Kyoto end of nov. I'm a breastfeeding mother. I'm traveling without my baby. I'm planning to pump my milk and store it. I'm worry there is no nursing room in tourist places.
by xizi (guest)  

Re: Pump breast milk in public 2013/9/18 15:42
I am not the pro for this topic, but for sure, there are such facility called 'nursing room' or 'multiple toilet room' in major airports and railroad stations, or big department stores. They are usually located at or next to the bathroom (rest rooms).

Check the photos here. They are those in Odakyu department stores in Tokyo. You may use them for pumping your breast.

http://www.odakyu.jp/terrace-city/guide/restroom.html
by Jay Kay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pump breast milk in public 2013/9/18 22:44
In department stores, head to the floor where the children's section is. There is almost always a nursing area.
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

Re: Pump breast milk in public 2013/9/26 21:53
Not all places that tourists visit will have nursing rooms, but some do, or there are accessible toilets as mentioned above- I know that's not the best situation, but it is one option.

As also mentioned above, department stores almost always have facilities for nursing mothers.

Japanese women often breastfeed discreetly using a cover of some kind if feeding directly is an option for you at all.
by Cass (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pump breast milk in public 2013/10/3 00:55
There are no nursing rooms while you travel. I think that the only ones are in the airports, shopping centers and big stations.

I do not think that there is a need for a nursing room. As long as you are in a place where no one can watch you - that's good enough.

By the way - how old is your baby?

by tinabuchanan rate this post as useful

Re: Pump breast milk in public 2013/10/3 03:03
I agree that nursing rooms are limited - in places like Kyoto and Nara, you might have to head back to either the train station or to downtown whenever you feel the need.
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread