Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Brocade Fabric search 2013/9/19 10:50
I am visiting Tokyo and Kyoto in December 2013 and will be looking for brocade fabric - any suggestions where I can find it? I am interested in vintage style small prints, and especially metalic thread type brocade but also other types similar to that used to make costumes for Japanese dolls.
by debbiefs  

Re: Brocade Fabric search 2013/9/19 15:07
A great place for fabric in Tokyo is Frabric Town :) This is in Nippori which can be reached easily on the JR Yamanote line (2 stops from Ueno). Fabric town consists of a few streets with nothing but fabric shops so I am sure you will find what you are looking for. Here is a guide that someone has put together: http://www.tokyocraftguide.com/nippori-fabric-town/

I have also visited some nice fabric shops on Shijo dori in Kyoto but they were a bit more expensive.

Hope this helps!
by Kikuya rate this post as useful

Re: Brocade Fabric search 2013/9/20 06:48
Thanks for that - is there a similar district to the Nippori fabric district in Kyoto? I went to the Nishijin Centre which did not have the brocade fabric I am after but was great, and heard later that it was in a fabric district, so wondered if there were fabric shops nearby and where?
by debbiefs rate this post as useful

reply to this thread