Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Places to buy electronics in Kansai 2013/9/25 11:56
I recently moved to Nara and want know where I can go to buy decently priced electronics. Be it in Nara, Osaka, or Kyoto.

Mainly stuff like printers, scanners, cameras, TVs, video game consoles, etc.

I'd also like to know of any good recycle shops in the area as well.

by Gus III  

Re: Places to buy electronics in Kansai 2013/9/25 14:41
If you just want a big box type store, in Kyoto right beside the station is a large Bic Camera and just down the street from the front of the station is a large Yodobashi.

Osaka has a mini-Akihabara area called Den-Den town. It's in the Namba area and should be marked as Den-Den town on a map of Osaka. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4001.html

by Sage (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Places to buy electronics in Kansai 2013/9/25 16:08
*Easiest* bet is Yodobashi near Osaka station.
But if you'd like to shop more like in Akihabara then you should go to Den-Den Town in Osaka; which is close to Nanba
by aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Places to buy electronics in Kansai 2013/9/25 20:53
If you specify your place in Nara, I can show you the nearest electronics-discount chain stores, like yamada denki,edion,and so on. you don't need to go to Osaka, Kyoto. You must come back to Nara with heavy baggages. You can also buy them in internet stores, most of case shipping charge is free or low. The discount-chain stores also have internet stores. They sometimes sell the same one at low price in internet. If you want to enjoy window shopping, you should go to Nihonbashi,near Namba, in Osaka.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Places to buy electronics in Kansai 2013/9/26 02:35
Thanks for the advice. I live near the Yamato-Saidaiji train station.
by Gus III rate this post as useful

Re: Places to buy electronics in Kansai 2013/9/26 10:23
Oh, if you wanted to do internet shopping or at least quickly get an idea of prices, you can use this site. http://kakaku.com/ I used it when I bought my laptop and it saved me quite a bit of money since I bought it from a smaller shop instead of going to Bic Camera/Edion/Yodobashi.

It was also nice because the delivery was free and I didn't have to bring it on the train or my bike.
by Sage (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Places to buy electronics in Kansai 2013/9/26 13:11
nera your place
jyoshin nara (上新電機 奈良)
south-east 1-2km
need bicycles or something?
there are konan (shopping center of numerous things), MidoriDenka(anather electronics)

your place is easy to reach Osaka,using Kintetu Line.
go to Nihonbashi or Namba. There are a lot of electronics stores.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread