Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Any 2nd cd shops in Kyoto & Osaka ? 2013/10/19 01:05
Beside Books-off, where are the other 2nd hand cd shops ? I bought heaps of Misora Hibari and Momoe CDs from a shop in Shibuya and I can even try them before buying. Books-off don't allow trying.
by Lee (guest)  

Re: Any 2nd cd shops in Kyoto & Osaka ? 2013/10/19 11:06
Generally speaking, CD shops don't allow trials. It seems some of Tsutaya shops (rental CD shop) have trial listening machines, but you can listen only 30 sec for each track. Alternatively, why don't you use YouTube for the trial?
by Ray (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any 2nd cd shops in Kyoto & Osaka ? 2013/10/19 11:39
Ray,
30 seconds trial is still a trial but I have bought from a shop from Shibuya that allows freedom trial.
On the youtube thing; do you mean that everytime I come across a cd that I consider, I should go online with my cell phone and search the song and try it ? You reply don't make much sense.
by Lee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any 2nd cd shops in Kyoto & Osaka ? 2013/10/19 12:03
Ray is politely saying that you have several options.

1. Keep shopping at this Shibuya shop that allows free trials.
2. Try out Tsutaya and see if they have the 30sec trials of the albums you're consider.
3. Look at CDs, if there's any you're unsure of, make a memo and listen to the group/songs later on youtube and come back another day for them. (Or I suppose with headphones you could try it on your phone at the store if you really desired)
4. Take a risk and buy them.
by Sage (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any 2nd cd shops in Kyoto & Osaka ? 2013/10/19 17:03
by haro (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread