Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sannenzaka/ninenzaka shop hours 2013/11/3 13:07
I was initially planning on going on a Tuesday afternoon around (1pm)so I was wondering if it gets REALLY crowded on weekdays... like super packed traffic.. does it get that bad? But I have an alternative plan where I go on a Tuesday morning at 7am, but I don't know if the shops will be open by the time I'm done at Kiyomizu in the morning. I'm going to spend at least an hour and a half here (I wonder if that's too much?) and leave at around 9:00am --- will the shops at sannenzaka/ninenzaka be open by then?
by ekangtots  

Re: Sannenzaka/ninenzaka shop hours 2013/11/4 11:45
I was initially planning on going on a Tuesday afternoon around (1pm)so I was wondering if it gets REALLY crowded on weekdays... like super packed traffic.. does it get that bad?

No. Kiyomizuzaka is super-crowded most of the time, but Sannenzaka and Ninenzaka don't usually get super-packed on regular weekdays.

The shops usually open relatively late (around 10am) and close relatively early (around 5pm), although they vary by shop.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Sannenzaka/ninenzaka shop hours 2013/11/4 19:36
I was contemplating on where to start (whether ginkakuji or kiyomizudera) because I have an appointment at gion at 3pm so I have to be there, and thats like between the two. lol I was scared of coming to kiyomizudera because of the crowds, but i didn't want to go too early that the shops at the slopes will still be closed... you also commented on my unrealistic kyoto itinerary. i formed a new one. please tell me what you think.
Is it recommended to go inside the kiyomizudera temple, is there a special exhibit inside?
by ekangtots rate this post as useful

Re: Sannenzaka/ninenzaka shop hours 2013/11/5 18:46
I was contemplating on where to start (whether ginkakuji or kiyomizudera) because I have an appointment at gion at 3pm so I have to be there, and thats like between the two.

It depends on how long your appointment is, but I would recommend starting at Ginkakuji (it opens at 8:30) because Kiyomizudera is a closer to Gion and Kiyomizudera closes significantly later (i.e. you could go after your appt should you not have time before).

lol I was scared of coming to kiyomizudera because of the crowds, but i didn't want to go too early that the shops at the slopes will still be closed.

Its always crowded on the approach to the temple, but eases up around the stairs. Don't worry, its not so crowded that you'll get crushed. But you may get held up from time to time by slower groups.

Is it recommended to go inside the kiyomizudera temple, is there a special exhibit inside?

Yes, its beautiful inside and highly recommended especially during the autumn or cherry blossom seasons.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread