Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Gamestop? 2013/11/6 21:31
Does Japan have Gamestop, or something like it? I'd like to have somewhere physical to buy my games/gear.
by PNGKale  

Re: Japanese Gamestop? 2013/11/7 03:51
You should visit super potato and gamers if you're in tokyo
by reprazent rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Gamestop? 2013/11/8 14:49
No matter where you are in Japan there will be a store selling games not that far away. And if you are in a city of any size at all, then my friend you are in for the best surprise of your life. Imagine a place the size of a grocery store, chock full of video games from every generation, accessories, anime, manga, figures, posters, music cds, etc. Gamestop is nothing compared to these places.

Then of course there is Akihabara which is on a whole 'nother plane all its own.
by Harimogura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Gamestop? 2013/11/9 17:16
Places to buy games/access./systems:

Geo
Tsutaya (sometimes)
Doki Doki
Super Potato
Book Off
Sofmap
by HiratsukaKuma rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Gamestop? 2013/11/17 11:35
Thanks everyone for the replies. Can't wait to get to these stores.
by PNGKale rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Gamestop? 2013/11/17 20:52
if you can't visit the stores above, there's always Bic Camera and Yodobashi nearby
by reprazent (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Gamestop? 2013/11/18 16:05
I guess it's a little late to say, but I'll be living in Mitaka, Tokyo.
by PNGKale rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Gamestop? 2013/11/19 18:44
Go visit Super Potato in Akihabara. Lots of cool stuff and retro games and consoles. I felt like I went back in time as a little kid. Even if you don't buy anything, it's a fun place to check out.
by chatmax5 rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Gamestop? 2013/11/19 23:16
All depends on what your looking for, new stuff can be had at Softmap, bic camera & yodobashi camera and these are chain stores nationwide.

Older stuff is harder to come by, you will need to go to akihabara and stores such as book off, hard off, kanteidan and trader. but take note that akihabara is a tourist trap and they price accordingly! there is a great selection but at far higher prices than anywhere else.
by pas7680 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Gamestop? 2013/11/20 00:37
There's also a smaller Super Potato in Ikebukuro, slightly better prices than the Akihabara branch I think.
by Dekkadekkadekka (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread