Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

US residents , need Visa to Japan?. 2004/10/27 04:31
I'm planning for a one week visit to Japan. Im a Colombian Citizen,but, I'm a USA permanent resident. Do I need a visa? What kind ? Thanks
by Franz Garcia  

. 2004/10/27 09:29
You'll need a passport from the country you hold citizenship (Columbian Passport), when you come back to the United States you'll need to present your Green Card (Form I-551) for readmission.

Since Columbia has a general visa exemption arrangement with Japan you will not need a visa, but just your Columbian Passport. (plz double verify this).
by an rate this post as useful

... 2004/10/27 09:54
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs page (
http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/02.html), Colombia does NOT have a visa excemption agreement with Japan. I gues you will have to apply for a visa in advance at the Japanese embassy or consulate in the US. Anyway, inquire there for the official responses.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2004/10/27 10:08
Ok thanks I must of had an outdated list that had columbia on it.

If that is the case, then you do need a visa.
by an rate this post as useful

Japanese Visa for US resident 2007/11/18 01:38
Hi i hold a passport from Trinidad and Tobago but i am US resident do i need a visa to Japan. Plz reply ASAP thank you
by Ro rate this post as useful

passport 2007/11/18 05:03
The link listed above still works and since Trinidad and Tobago isn't listed as having a Visa Exemption agreement with Japan, you have to get into contact with the Japanese embassy to get a visa. The fact that you are a US resident has no importance; it all depends on the passport you carry.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread