Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Selling japanese manga, where? 2013/11/24 02:52
Since JPQueen disappeared I have had a hard time finding some place to sell used manga in japanese. I don't want to Ebay it since there are a lot of it and shipping costs are too high (I already tried and got no bids because of shipping costs). Book Off couldnt buy it because I am a foreginer (no japanese address).

Do you have any suggestions for where to sell a lot of manga online?

My other option is to throw it into the garbage container...
by Lass (guest)  

Re: Selling japanese manga, where? 2013/11/28 01:27
Dont know where you live but maybe try somewhere like craigslist (US) or gumtree (uk). I am in the same boat really. On ebay I literally made a loss trying to give them away. They just dont sell anymore and yes, ebay shipping and fees is too high. Im too lazy to try gumtree now though myself.

In the end the ones that didnt go, I actually did throw in the recycle bin. Ive still got 2 big boxes to sift through....
by MayMay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Selling japanese manga, where? 2013/11/28 22:34
Well I could throw away the most obscure stuff, but there are a lot of Hana to Yume comics in series, guess someone would want that, but where...

This is like someone would throw away a Mona Lisa painting because they wouldn't know where to sell it...

JpQueen was a treasure chest, now it's gone.
by Lass (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Selling japanese manga, where? 2013/12/1 03:35
doesn't mandarake buy used manga?
by reprazent rate this post as useful

Re: Selling japanese manga, where? 2013/12/12 02:51
Cant find any way to sell it online through them though. Did I miss it?

Re: Selling japanese manga, where? 2013/12/12 22:22
Have you tried a Recycle Shop?
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Selling japanese manga, where? 2013/12/12 22:24
To add to the above comment, even if the recycle shop doesn't pay, they will usually take them anyway if you are willing to give them for free. It's not ideal, but it's better than putting them in the garbage.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Selling japanese manga, where? 2013/12/12 23:37
Recycle shop? Not sure if I have seen anyone of these around here in Sweden. I wouldn't ship them and give them away for free, that is like losing. And I probably would rather throw them away than hauling it all to such a shop if they just take it for free.

Re: Selling japanese manga, where? 2013/12/14 02:25
Try one of the garage sale communities on LiveJournal. There used to be one that had lots of animanga articles all the time, but unfortunately, I can't remember its name.
by Pirilampo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread