Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to buy Christmas tree 2013/12/5 21:27
Dear all,

I actually wonder if either it's possible or isn't to buy a natural Christmas tree or at least some branches around Tokyo or Yokohama?

I guess that it may be very hard to find a natural one so in this case any information about even plastic one is also very appreciated!

Thank you so much for any help and advice!
by 2dimensions  

Re: Where to buy Christmas tree 2013/12/6 10:24
I haven't really seen natural trees anywhere, but Costco carries some really realistic looking fake trees. They were so good that I was considering spending the cash on one and I think of myself as a natural tree purist. The selection varies by year and by store, but I've noticed that they usually carry something in the 7-8ft range for about 30,000 yen. Oh, and they tend to sell out relatively quick, so you may want to forgo waiting until christmas eve to pick one up like some people traditionally do.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Christmas tree 2013/12/6 10:43
Thank you very much for info! It sounds actually very good but I'm just afraid this cost may be too high for me.

Do you have any information about cheaper ones?
Or is it possible to find some flower shops providing some branches of natural trees?

Thank you so much!
by Dmitry (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Christmas tree 2013/12/6 17:23
Check out flower shops and garden centers, especially out of central Tokyo if you are looking for a lower price. Ikea did have a decent and cheap fake tree this year. I think it was around \4900. They might have sold out. Try the Yokohama store.
by Tilt (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Christmas tree 2013/12/6 17:54
Here you go.
http://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall/%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B9%E3%83%84%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC+%E6%9C%AC%E7%89%A9+%E3%82%82%E3%81%BF%E3%81%AE%E6%9C%A8/-/p.1-s.1-sf.0-st.A-v.2
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Christmas tree 2013/12/8 12:28
Thank you so much guys! I really-really appreciate your help and it's so much useful for me! I have no idea what I could do without your advices! Thanks a million for everyone who spends his own time helping me and other gaijin who can't understand many things in Japan!

By the way, should I order the tree from that web-site now or should I firstly try to find something from IKEA near to Shin-Yokohama? And, if I go to IKEA on weekend of 21-22 December would it be too late for both IKEA and online-shopping???
by 2dimensions rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Christmas tree 2013/12/14 20:38
Well, it depends whether you are looking for a natural or the ordinary one!!! As for Tokyo you can get at the Tokyo Hands, or at any Costco store, for natural you may get it from the gardener such as D2, National Azabu and Nissin Supermarket all located around Mita and Minami Azabu.
by Christina Guimaraes (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread