Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sports Equipment Questions 2013/12/7 01:25
Hi,

I will be going to Japan soon (Osaka & Tokyo).

Have 2 queries to check with anyone who can help me :)

1. I am planning to buy the new Japan jersey for World Cup 2014. Anyone know of any store in Osaka or Tokyo which I can get it? Will it be cheaper than getting it internationally?

2. I am considering to buy a badminton racquet if the price is cheaper than in my country, Singapore. Will there be any issue bringing it back through customs? Or will they allow me to carry it on-board the plane?

Thanks!!
by Blitz (guest)  

Re: Sports Equipment Questions 2013/12/7 15:06
1) Harajuku in Tokyo will likely have a slew of stores that carry the shirt you want, and will likely have a wide selection of sizes. (Harajuku is a great fashion/clothes shopping area)

2) Prices will likely be the same as your home country, unless you buy a racket made out of gold.

Getting in checked luggage depends on your country`s regulations, as well as the airline`s rules.

Check the airline website and see what you can carry-on, but still plan the option to check the racket in your luggage.
by HiratsukaKuma rate this post as useful

Re: Sports Equipment Questions 2013/12/7 22:00
Hi, what flight are you taking? I am going to bring a badminton racket from Singapore to Tokyo too. I am taking JAL, I asked the staff that day, they say I can bring it on board (as I only decided to take 1 racket. When are you going to Tokyo? I will be playing badminton in Tokyo on the Christmas Eve, are you interested to join? :D
by mitsuki88 rate this post as useful

Re: Sports Equipment Questions 2013/12/8 19:10
Hi HiratsukaKuma-san,

Thanks for the reply! I suppose the one sold at Harajuku will be the original Adidas one?

Hi mitsuki-san,

Thanks for the advice! Since JAL allows, I suppose SQ should be fine too, but I will call to ask.

24th Dec I will be still in Osaka :)

I am thinking of buying racquets from Japan back to SG if the price is cheaper for the new models haha.

Wow you have friends in Japan to play badminton with? Too bad I am in Osaka :(
by Blitz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sports Equipment Questions 2013/12/8 22:07
Ochinomizu is a popular sporting town in Tokyo.
There are some sporting gear shops in Ochanomizu near Jinbocho book shop area.
Ochanomizu is a large student town in Tokyo where you can find sporting shops, book stores and musical instrument shops.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Sports Equipment Questions 2013/12/8 22:28
Hi Blitz-san,

Oh, too bad you are still in Osaka on the 24th. Otherwise you can join our game. Yes, I have some Japanese friends here in Tokyo to play badminton. We are badminton fever, we'll carry our racket wherever we go travel. Haha

If you're in Osaka, try ShuttleHouse.
If you're in Tokyo, try Windsor.

Re: Sports Equipment Questions 2013/12/9 11:56
Thanks tokyo_friend_48!

Hmm I have not been to Ochanomizu before despite passing it a few times omw from Shinjuku to Ginza. Perhaps this is a chance to go there and have a look! :)

mitsuki88-san, thanks again :) You guys are really more badminton fanatics than me haha

Hopefully I will get the chance to play badminton in Japan 1 day, will be an unforgettable experience.

BTW, have you tried buying Yonex racquets from Japan before? Are they are different from the ones we get from SG?
by Blitz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sports Equipment Questions 2013/12/11 21:46
Hi Blitz-san,

I played once in Japan last year during winter, the shuttle's speed was so slow. But, it was fun, I didn't get sweaty at all! Haha..

Yes, I bought a Yonex racket from Windsor before. Also, I bought their strings, their grips. The rackets are more or less the same with Singapore's Yonex racket provided that it's made in Japan. But the string, I can really feel the different.

Re: Sports Equipment Questions 2013/12/11 22:12
Hi mitsuki san,

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Haha, I was thinking of buying the strings too to try as I know one of them is not available in SG.

Racket wise, hmmm I will see how first :P Maybe my temptation will get the best out of me :P
by Blitz SG rate this post as useful

reply to this thread