Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yodobashi Summer Bonus Payment 2013/12/26 10:52
Hey Guys,

I was looking the yodobashi website and there was an option in the payment section of credit card called, Bonus(summer) payment besides 6,12,24 month installment options. When I read through it said something like the card will be billed during the summer bonus time.

Has anyone tried this before?
Are there any charges attached to it?
Anyone tried this with a credit card issued outside japan?

Thanks for your answers.

by crvkumar  

Re: Yodobashi Summer Bonus Payment 2013/12/26 23:04
I have not used it myself, but usually there is no charge attached to it (thus the attractiveness, that you can defer payments for a few extra months, without extra interest/charge).
But this is valid only if your card issuer has that kind of service available - so I have reasons to believe that this may not be available to cardholders of cards issued outside Japan. I believe that this scheme of "pay lumpsum at bonus time" may be available only among card issuers in Japan, where this "summer and winter bonuses" is a common practice.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Yodobashi Summer Bonus Payment 2013/12/26 23:22
A bonus payment is post-payment system. It's normally paid 6 - 8 month later. If the payment is done with once there is no charge.
A foreign issued credit card is often not accepted due to credit history reasons. A Japanese issued credit card is accepted.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Yodobashi Summer Bonus Payment 2013/12/27 13:08
Thanks AK and Tokyo Friend. But I want to know, if suppose I try with the Credit Card I have and if it is not possible to do the Summer Lump Sum Bonus, will they charge whole on the current month or they deny my order.

I guess it is too much to ask here.
by crvkumar rate this post as useful

Re: Yodobashi Summer Bonus Payment 2013/12/27 13:32
11種のクレジットカードに対応しています。お客様とカード会社とのご契約に応じて、分割払いやボーナス一括払い、リボ払いのご利用も可能です。
if your card company have such a payment system (bonus payment), you can do that.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yodobashi Summer Bonus Payment 2013/12/27 13:38
Two scenarios I can think of (but I do not have any experience):

If your bank does not have this service, they can either:
- reject the sales on the "bonus lumpsum payment" conditions, so the merchant might get a reject, you get your order rejected,
or,
- decides to give you credit for the amount, but on a regular next-month payment scheme.

You can only try...
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Yodobashi Summer Bonus Payment 2013/12/27 15:40
Thanks Ken and AK(again). I am just afraid that they will bill me the next month instead.

Hmm. Have sent out a question to the bank.
by crvkumar rate this post as useful

Re: Yodobashi Summer Bonus Payment 2014/1/10 18:05
Anyone tried this with a credit card issued outside japan?

You can't split payment into installments with foreign issued credit cards. What happens is that your card will be denied at the register.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread