Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

White goods with English instructions? 2014/1/19 08:28
Can anyone please tell me
(a) what brands of white goods are available with instructions in English in Japan, and
(b) where I can buy white goods with English instructions?
I need everything: washer, dryer, dishwasher, microwave, oven, fridge, etc. I am in Furano, Sapporo, but I can get goods delivered if necessary.
Thanks.
by Sue (guest)  

Re: White goods with English instructions? 2014/1/19 21:48
Ask at Yodobashi-camera in Sapporo.
If cannot go find at Rakuten(largest shopping web in Japan).
Small items from Amazon(.co.jp) usual as living in Japan.

With English manual(*) hard to find mostly
some items on web as PDF(download) but not a lot.
Google translate or simiar by cell phone scan apps convenient like this.
http://youtu.be/uiRlDjR4A1c

*)取扱説明書= calling shorter "取説(Tori-setsu)" usual.
by Asci (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: White goods with English instructions? 2014/1/19 23:51
Thanks for the reply, Asci. Just bought PicTranslator, but it doesn't work at all. Nothing happens, unfortunately, as it would be a real life saver for me! Will try the stores that you mention.
by Sue (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: White goods with English instructions? 2014/1/20 11:46
Unfortunately, I had no luck with Yodobashi-camera or Rakuten either. Does anyone else have any suggestions, please?

Re: White goods with English instructions? 2014/1/20 11:49

I need everything: washer, dryer, dishwasher, microwave, oven, fridge, etc. I am in Furano, Sapporo, but I can get goods delivered if necessary.

Where are you living? Furano or Sapporo (they are not that close to each other). Either way, just go to your local electronics or home good store. They will have all the items you need in a variety of Japanese brands (toshiba, panasonic, mitsubishi, etc). If you have specific needs then you may want to bring a Japanese friend to help you ask questions. Btw, I don't think there any of the major manufacturers provide english instructions. Most things are pretty self explanatory, but you'll probably need a friend to help you figure out the finer programming details.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: White goods with English instructions? 2014/1/23 00:31
After much research, I've learned that AEG and Miele can both provide white goods with English buttons, instructions, etc. Understandably, none of the Japanese manufacturers do.

Re: White goods with English instructions? 2014/1/23 10:25
Took a look at some of the AEG and Miele models and they look beautiful... and expensive!!! Are you building a custom home? The reason I ask is that if not then I think you'll be limited it what AEG and Miele items will work in standard Japanese spaces. Electrical connections may be another issue.

Re: White goods with English instructions? 2014/1/23 12:48
We are developing western style luxury apartments and houses for sale in Furano, a beautiful all year round resort in Hokkaido. (Google 'Furano' images, and you'll see what I mean). You can check them out on www.flintfurano.com if you happen to be in the market for a great investment that doubles as a holiday home.

Re: White goods with English instructions? 2014/1/26 23:07
You'll pay a huge premium for English instructions in Japan.
Just use google and get the pdf and print it yourself if you really need it.
by takedasghost rate this post as useful

Re: White goods with English instructions? 2014/1/27 13:07
Price probably isn't an issue if they're for luxury apartment developments.

Re: White goods with English instructions? 2014/1/27 22:02
Good news! I have found Miele, AEG, Gaggenau, Electrolux, Asko, DeLonghi, Rosieres, Grohe, Whirlpool and more….all available in ENGLISH! …. at the N.C. Gallery in Sapporo. The staff spoke English and were extremely helpful. Not sure if there are other stores. Phone number is 011-846-7430 www.nippocorp.com

reply to this thread