Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to write in kanji: It's only you 2014/1/23 22:35
Hi All. My girlfriend speaks fluent Japanese and I love when she talks to me in another language. She once said something that had the literal translation of 'it's only you' which she said is something japenese people may say?! Firstly is this true and secondly it's her birthday on Tuesday 28th Jan and I would like to have that saying on a canvas in Kanji but I'm not sure how to write it or where could do it.

Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Mike.
by Mike (guest)  

Re: How to write 2014/1/24 09:20
I can imagine she might have said something like "Anata dake" meaning "it's only you." I wonder if it's something we would say, though :)
But note that it cannot be written in kanji (only in hiragana), and that this is a women's speech - if you want to say it, it would be different.
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to write 2014/1/24 12:41
From a boy to a girl,
how about 君だけに or ただ君だけに.
"kimi dake ni" or "tada kimi dake ni"
"kimi" is mannish way of saying for "anata" means "you".
"dake" means "only", "ni" means "to" or "for" and "tada" means "just".

By the way, here is a bit old love-song by Japanese idol group on 1987.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgJ_4-0yZDo
I'm never able to recommend this song but for your information.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: How to write 2014/1/24 12:51
Hi..maybe you could ask someone that knows how to write Kanji to write it out for you then you could put it on the card?

by Kanji Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to write 2014/1/24 16:30
Thanks everyone. It would great if someone could write it out for me yes. I don't know anyone that write in kanji or hiragana, whichever it should be written in. I apologise I don't know as much about the language as I could, but it hasn't been a long relationship yet.

Any help would be appreciated.
Mike.
by Mike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to write 2014/1/25 15:27
I don't necessarily think that "anata dake" is women's speech. "Anata dake YO" would sound feminine, but just "anata dake" is a neutral expression. I can imagine a lot of my male friends saying that (although it may not be to me!).

You can write it in hiragana

あなただけ

or kanji and hiragana

貴方だけ
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to write 2014/1/25 18:50
Thank you. That should be a great help!
by Mike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to write in kanji: It's only you 2014/1/27 12:26
It should be noted that "anata" is usally only written in hiragana, not kanji. I don't think I've ever seen it written in kanji before.

So あなた instead of 貴方
by Arctic (guest) rate this post as useful

examples of 貴方 2014/1/27 17:49
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread