Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

concert tickets through fan club lottery 2014/2/7 06:56
i recently brought 2 tickets to a bands live and won them through the fan club i was hoping to bring my friend as i know minimum japanese and it will be my first time in japan but i am worried that they wont let him in as he is not a fan club member. so basically will i be able to bring my friend with me to the live with the fan club tickets i brought?
by AnNoBaby  

Re: concert tickets through fan club lottery 2014/2/7 15:20
It totally depends on the concert and fan club! Ask them.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: concert tickets through fan club lottery 2014/2/7 15:30
If the show is not fanclub-only and you are just buying pre-sale tickets through the fanclub you should be able to bring your friend with no problem. If the show is fanclub-only you might not be able to (but usually strict fanclub-only shows only let the person with the membership buy a ticket for him/herself so the fact that you can buy multiple tickets makes me think it is just a pre-sale).
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: concert tickets through fan club lottery 2014/2/9 09:05
thank you ^_^ i dont think its a fan club only event so i think you may be right. i was just worried because the email received asked for us to bring fanclub card , ID and to show winning notification upon arrival of the event as well as the tickets themselves.
the event is also at zepp tokyo.
by AnNoBaby rate this post as useful

Re: concert tickets through fan club lottery 2014/2/10 18:14
AnNoBaby,

Again I insist you ask the fan club.

Because fan club tickets are often tickets that the artist's side has distributed mainly for the purpose of placing the most devoted people to the right section of the audience.

For example, fan club members are often energetic while respecting the artist. They don't just stand there like a statue, but they dance and cheer and create a good vibe, and they're not only there for the beer.

Also, fan clubs often set strict regulations in order to avoid scalpers. If all their good tickets go to the scalpers, not only will they be contributing to the outlaw market, but sooner or later the average price of concert tickets will become so high that ordinary fans won't be able to afford them.

And needless to say, you're violating the rights of fan club members who have been paying the club fee all these years.

So I'm not sure if you're going to let your friend use a false ID or what, but you might want to make sure it's someone who is worth the ticket as you, and that no one would be making any extra money out of it.

That said, I think it's typicall for a fan club to allow their members to bring along a non-member friend, as long as the member is coming too.

Re: concert tickets through fan club lottery 2014/2/11 06:54
why would i been violating the rights of the other members? i brought the tickets as a member myself and i have no intention of selling them. why would my friend need fake ID if i have my own to prove i brought the tickets that makes no sense

Re: concert tickets through fan club lottery 2014/2/11 18:20
why would i been violating the rights of the other members? i brought the tickets as a member myself and i have no intention of selling them. why would my friend need fake ID if i have my own to prove i brought the tickets that makes no sense

No, I'm saying I hope you're not doing any of that, since you didn't write much details (and why would you be asking the question if you had no worries at all).

For example, if it were both a members-only ticket, those who have been paying the membership fee get to have the chance to use them while others don't. I'm just saying that I hope it's not that type of a ticket. Anyway, all you need to do is to ask the fan club.

Re: concert tickets through fan club lottery 2014/2/12 08:40
I don't know how this thread got so dramatic. Yes those things happen and yes fanclub tickets exist to give the most devoted fans a first shot at tickets that are usually better seats but that's hardly what was being asked.

There are several types of fanclub tickets that have been talked about here. Ones for fanclub only events where everyone who has a ticket must also have a fanclub membership.

There is also just general fanclub tickets where you need to be in the fanclub to buy them but they don't check ids at the door and really anyone could use them.

Last there is the fanclub tickets where you need to be in the fanclub and they may/may not check IDs but it's understood that one person in the party will be a fanclub member and the one who bought the tickets for themselves and friends.

If you tell us the show or artist it might be easier to tell you which category the event falls under and if your non-fanclub friend can go. But my guess would be yes, they should have no problem as long as you enter together. And if the event will also have general sales tickets for non-fanclub members later than it should definitely fall into one of the latter two possibilities.
by Sage (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: concert tickets through fan club lottery 2014/2/14 05:48
the band is called vistlip, good vibes circuit II tour. at zepp Tokyo 7/7/14 ^_^

reply to this thread