Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Translation to Kanji 2014/2/13 11:46
Hey guys,

I'm in need of some translation of the words "Lost Codes" into kanji characters.
I've tried google translator but i'm almost certains theres way too much characters for just a two words.
by realltruth  

Re: Translation to Kanji 2014/2/14 10:43
Well, some words in Japanese cannot be written in "kanji" alone (some words may be written only in hiragana, only in katakana, only in kanji, or in any combination).

When you say "code," do you mean something like cryptogram/encrypted text? Or just a code number? That would already determine what word(s) we might use, which would further determine what writing might be most suitable.

Already the word "lost" would be "ushinawareta" which is most often written with kanji + hiragana combination: 失われた
For example, the book title "Lost World" is 失われた 世界 (ushinawareta sekai).

However, for the movie title, the Japanese version adopted the English title itself, only turned it into katakana writing (most often used for imported words) and went ロスト・ワールド ("rosuto waarudo").
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread