Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

J-pop/J-rock in Tokyo? 2014/2/16 00:28
I'm bringing a group of students from my college to Tokyo next month to explore Japanese popular music and the music industry behind it. I have part of the itinerary mapped out but could use additional ideas on things to do and people to meet as well as relevant contacts. Thanks!
by davidleefish  

Re: J-pop/J-rock in Tokyo? 2014/2/16 19:08
Well, if you already have an itinerary then put it here so we can add things to it ....
by aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: J-pop/J-rock in Tokyo? 2014/2/17 02:11
Thanks for the reply. Itinerary wasn't the best word. List of things to do would have been better. They include meeting with an executive and longtime Japan hand at Universal Music Japan, tours of Akihabara, Shibuya and Harajuku, etc. I'm also subscribed to a live house calendar.
by davidleefish rate this post as useful

Re: J-pop/J-rock in Tokyo? 2014/2/17 20:44
Unluckily I can't help you out much as I got music contacts in Taiwan but not in Japan... You could try contact Ki/Oon Records, to me one of the best labels in Japan, it's a subsidiary to Sony Music and they cater for the alternative and visual key market (which is huge in Japan)
by aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread