Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying a DSLR in Japan, so much cheaper? 2014/2/23 19:23
I'm going to visit japan in May and would like to take some pictures. As I dont have a camera yet I thought it might be cheaper to buy a camera in Japan. Turns out it is actually cheaper for me. I know what camera I want (body only): the D7000.
The D7000 costs about 619 Euro in the Netherlands (where I live), while in Japan the D7000 only costs 389 Euro (54800 Yen at Yodobashi.com).

My question is if I am missing anything here? The difference seems really big and I'm not sure if I'm willing to take the risk buying a camera in Japan. I'm willing to give up the warranty if I can actually get it so much cheaper in Japan. Can I just go to the Yodobashi (physical) store, grab a D7000, pay 54,000 Yen and I'm done?
by Darake  

Re: Buying a DSLR in Japan, so much cheaper? 2014/2/24 17:33

I have bought every DSLR I've owned from Japan without problems. They are considerably cheaper there compared to Finland. Only the companies and importers probably know the real reasons why there is such a difference in price. It can't be the distance, as U.S. has even lower prices than Japan.

Just go to the store and buy what you want. There is no problem. And then buy a cheap adapter for the plug, so you can charge the battery in the Netherlands also. You can get the adapters as cheap as 1€ from net stores.
by K0DAMA rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a DSLR in Japan, so much cheaper? 2014/2/24 17:34
Hi,
Unfortunately, your information seems a little old. It's already sold out.

Latest information is here.
http://kakaku.com/item/K0000151480/

Today's lowest price is 65,800 yen.
by kazz1972 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread