Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Leaving a Line 1:1 chat 2014/4/5 01:46
I'm a girl living in America, btw, if that matters, but I've always been curious about something concerning LINE app. Most of my penpals/friends that I have met from this website, I mostly communicate with them through LINE. However, sometimes if some of them take a long time in responding back, I delete our chat. It's not that I'm upset with them for taking a long time (although sometimes, I may become frustrated with certain ones that do this), but it's mostly to remove chats I feel they were done talking to me because they "disappear" randomly.

I wanted to know if by doing this and when the person that sees the other left the chat, would they assume the person is upset with them? Or does it depend on the person? Because, a few people I have left the chat with randomly send me a message after weeks or months and apologize for taking a long time in responding or they may respond back to me like nothing happened.

I understand work in Japan is very hectic, but some of my friends still manage to make time to respond just to let me know they have been busy and will talk to me when they have free time. Whereas others, say nothing and don't bother reading the LINE message.

Has anyone else ever done this or has this happened to you? If it has happened to you, what are your feelings when you finally respond only to see the person left the chat?
by RedxProxy (guest)  

Re: Leaving a Line 1:1 chat 2014/4/5 22:25
Don't be paranoid. They'll talk with you when they want.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Leaving a Line 1:1 chat 2014/4/6 02:46
I suppose you're right. I restore this person's chat today, after deleting it, but I believe that maybe something is wrong with their LINE because this person hasn't read my message or a mutual friend's message either.
by Brittneyx0 rate this post as useful

Re: Leaving a Line 1:1 chat 2014/6/13 05:59
To clear up a few misconceptions about Naver Line:

In regards to blocking:
Just as how it is written in the FAQs, when someone blocks, hides, or deletes you, they will NOT disappear from your friend list. This is made intentional.

Why would someone disappear?
There are two reasons why someone can disappear in a Line chat, resulting in a "left the room" message of a 1:1 Chat.

1. The person has deleted their account.
(Profile - Delete Account). This will cause them to be removed from the lists of all of their friends. There is no way to re-add them unless you know another form of contact. Sorry.

2. The person went to a repair center in Japan.
For some bizarre reason (bug?), repairs sometimes tend to make the person disappear from friend lists. If this happens, simply go back to the friend's conversation on your phone, and click the "Add" button to re-add them. Their old username and QR code should still be the same, so you can use these means to re-add them.

I've personally had #2 happen to me on a couple occasions.

All in all, if someone disappears from your friend list, don't take it personally. They didn't delete you on purpose.
by Harutsukai rate this post as useful

reply to this thread