Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is Fuji Speedway available for track days? 2014/4/29 16:15
My partner and I are visiting Japan in July for two weeks and would like to know whether the Fuji Speedway is available for track days? Ideally we would like to do a day trip there from Toyko and hire a car at the track to drive around the track. Is this possible? If so how can we organise this? Do we need a special license or insurance?

Thanks,

Anna
by Anna (guest)  

Re: Is Fuji Speedway available for track days? 2014/5/2 12:03
According to the FISCO website, vehicles can be rented and driven on certain days when there are no racing events. However, this is not a free run, and you are required to follow the pace car and no passing is allowed. 3 laps.
You need to be over 20 years old and possess a valid driver's license. I think an international license will do. You do not need a FISCO cricuit license for this.

Since there is no English website and I do not really expect the people there will speak much English, I suggest you ask a travel agent to organize the trip for you. After all, you will need transportation to FISCO and even lodging so if I were you I will have a travel agent arrange the whole thing.

You can also rent a car and drive to FISCO and drive that car on the circuit, too. If you are brave enough to try driving. It's not as hard as you may think.
by Harry Takeuchi rate this post as useful

Re: Is Fuji Speedway available for track days? 2014/5/2 12:20
Thanks for your help.

I think we would get the train from Toyko and then a taxi if race track isn't too far away.

Do you have a English speaking travel agent that you could recommend? We would like to book the date before we travel so we know exactly when this is possible.

by Anna (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Fuji Speedway available for track days? 2014/5/2 12:33
If you are taking a train, take the Odakyu Romance Car express train from Shinjuku to Gotemba, and the taxi ride from there is about 20 minutes, 3500 yen.

I'm not really familiar with travel agents but since your primary train ride will be with Odakyu, try Odakyu Travel. They can arrange for the train ride and also, if you are stopping by near-by sites such as Hakone they have good knowledge of the area.

https://www.odakyu-travel.co.jp/english/e-index.html

by Harry Takeuchi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread