Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Starbucks Tumblers (Japan edition) 2014/6/3 02:05
Hallo, everyone.
I am going to Japan this month and want to collect starbucks tumbler, especially the city-edition one. Like Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka, Kyoto, Sendai, etc.

I heard in Haneda Airport is one of the biggest store in Tokyo. But, for sure, can you gimme other suggestions around Kanto (especially Tokyo) and maybe Hokkaido? Because I am going to Haneda Airport just when I am going back to my country. If I am not going to find those tumbler in Haneda, I don't have any chance again.

And of course, so I don't need to go every city just for one tumbler. XD

And, can I know the price? Looks like around 1500\, and will it be the same price if I buy those tumbler at Haneda Airport?

Thanks you ^^
by Je (guest)  

Re: Starbucks Tumblers (Japan edition) 2014/6/3 17:02
It looks like there is even Haneda-specific tumbler, only available there:

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/05/22/the-starbucks-tumbler-limited-to...

I guess others are just a matter of asking when you walk into a shop; currently I see different ones of: Tokyo 12, Hiroshima, Kanazawa, Nagano, Roppongi Hills, Kyoto, Okinawa, Yokohama, Airport, Osaka, Hokkaido, Nagoya, Haneda Airport, Kobe, Sendai, and Fukuoka.

http://store.starbucks.co.jp/goods/tumbler/
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Starbucks Tumblers (Japan edition) 2014/6/3 17:23
Ah, I knew that Haneda tumbler. Thanks for sharing it. :)

I meant, can I know the big one at Tokyo? So I can just go to that Starbucks store/coffehouse, hoping there will be so many tumblers with city edition. So I don't really need to go to each Starbucks caffehouse just to asking about those tumbler. :)

Maybe some clue about their location / district that probably have a big store one.

I checked the website about location, but I don't really know where the one is the biggest at Tokyo.
by Je (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Starbucks Tumblers (Japan edition) 2014/6/5 16:22
I could be wrong so hopefully someone corrects me if I am, but apart from the airport, the cups are only sold in their respective cities, so you have to go to Osaka to get the Osaka cup, you can't find it at shops in Tokyo. If you want to buy a bunch all at once, the airport is where you need to buy them.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Starbucks Tumblers (Japan edition) 2014/6/5 16:36
That has also been my experience looking for the various city edition tumblers and gift cards. Actually I don't think there is one store that sells them all, even at Haneda, and the Starbucks page says availability is regional.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Starbucks Tumblers (Japan edition) 2014/6/5 18:57
Thanks to both of you, scarreddragon and yllsmrf ^^

It's sounds more challenging to collecting all of them. Hoho..

I've ever seen some tumbler with "Japan" in some designs, are they going to releasing it each year?

Ah, and you mentioned cards, can I know how much cost is it? I heard the card is 1000yen.

Re: Starbucks Tumblers (Japan edition) 2014/6/6 10:18
It's sounds more challenging to collecting all of them. Hoho..

Yea, I think that's supposed to be part of the appeal.

Ah, and you mentioned cards, can I know how much cost is it? I heard the card is 1000yen.

The gift cards are just regional designs. They don't cost anything over regular gift cards, and the minimum charge is 1000 yen.

Re: Starbucks Tumblers (Japan edition) 2014/6/6 10:57
yllwsmrf is probably right, but I could have SWORN I saw a few different city cups the last time I was at Narita... I have a bad memory though.

My advice: be sure to buy the cups in whatever city you're in, but don't forget to check the airport before you leave. If they aren't there, then at least you got a couple, but if they do have a few from different areas, then you can grab a couple from there too.

Re: Starbucks Tumblers (Japan edition) 2014/6/6 17:02
Thanks again both of you :)

Ah, It makes me want to collect the cards too.. XD Too bad I am not living in Japan, so just a waste then... The cards only be used in Japan right? ;w ;)

Narita has those too? Ahh, thats good to hear and I will spare my time to go the store (because so far I've heard only Haneda that has the big one and sell so manyyy tumblers with city edition).. ^^

Re: Starbucks Tumblers (Japan edition) 2014/6/6 21:06
Yes, the cards are only accepted in Japan... but if you are buying the mugs (which usually run a little over 1000), wherever you are you could buy the card, load it with 1000, use it right then on the cup, and then pay the little extra with cash, and voila! You've got your cup and your card :D

Re: Starbucks Tumblers (Japan edition) 2014/6/6 22:03
Wow. Great idea, scarreddragon! ^^
Thanks a lot..

Wait, is that meant I can let the card with empty amount?
So, I can buy card first and then I buy tumbler right?

And, somehow, I heard if I buy tumbler, I will get a greeting card and a regular coffee too (poured into the tumbler itself), is that right?

Re: Starbucks Tumblers (Japan edition) 2014/7/6 10:01
I just got back from Japan and flew out of the Osaka airport. They had different cities available at the Starbucks in the airport.
by Theresa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Starbucks Tumblers (Japan edition) 2014/7/6 22:47
Thanks! :)

Re: Starbucks Tumblers (Japan edition) 2014/7/7 11:32
Thanks for the update!

reply to this thread