Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to watch England WC matches in Tokyo? 2014/6/10 11:13
Hi all,

I'm a Brit living in Gunma and am looking to get my fix of World Cup banter this weekend.

The fixture dates and kick off times are obviously not great for Japan, so I think Sunday Morning (England v Italy 7am, then Japan v Ivory Coast at 10am) are realistically my only chance to find somewhere and enjoy the game with a half decent atmosphere and with some other supporters. The rest will be my girlfriend and I watching in bed I fear.

Can anyone recommend a decent place in Tokyo which is likely to be busy for the England game and obviously Japan's match too, but I think the latter is more assured.

Research would suggest Footnik (Ebisu), The Aldgate, a Hobgobblin place or as a last resort maybe HUB as possible venues. Any suggestions?

Also, if anyone is familiar with Omiya do you know if the HUB there ever gets busy for this sort of thing? Would be easier for me, but willing to stay in Tokyo on Saturday night so I can go somewhere busier if Omiya is a bit average.

Much appreciated, and here's hoping both English and Japanese fans are smiling come Sunday lunch time!
by Bristol Bill (guest)  

Re: Where to watch England WC matches in Tokyo? 2014/6/12 09:01
Tokyo Sports Cafe in Roppongi, one of the largest Sports Bars in Tokyo... see website for games. They cover most of the International Sports

Hobgoblin in Roppongi, and next door to them Legends Bar. Every game I have gone to at these Bars have had good atmosphere. a bit of good humored rivalry.
by Love Japan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread