Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Absolut Ice Bar 2014/6/16 22:13
Hello:

There used to be an Absolut Ice Bar in Tokyo?
Hope they bring something similar back!
Wonder why it closed?
The summers in Tokyo are a quite scorcher and a place like this is
is very clever👍

Thank you
by Samurai Joe (guest)  

Re: Absolut Ice Bar 2014/6/17 10:07
It takes a lot of electricity to cool a place like that. I tend to think people would frown upon such a place after Fukushima.
by Power (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Absolut Ice Bar 2014/6/17 12:42
I certainly hope Japan overcomes it's energy challenges, energy is necessary to keep the economy healthy, strong and alive just like the human body simply.
Great minds and solutions needed in Japan.
The UK London's Absolut Ice Bar and even the one in Orlando, Florida, for example,seem to be
doing fine and can provide the sufficient
energy sources without headache👍
by Samurai Joe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Absolut Ice Bar 2014/6/17 12:57
There used to be an Absolut Ice Bar in Tokyo?

Yes, it was in Ginza but they closed in 2011 after the earthquake.

Hope they bring something similar back!
Wonder why it closed?

Appears to be a direct result of the earthquake and energy saving efforts. Also, I suspect the business wasn't going to be viable anymore with the potential rolling blackouts, projected energy cost increases, and lost business due to their image as a big energy hog.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Absolut Ice Bar 2014/6/18 11:31
There was also the matter of spending 3500 yen on a cocktail while other people were living in tents after the earthquake.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Absolut Ice Bar 2014/6/20 12:52
You get what you pay for basically.
by Samurai Joe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Absolut Ice Bar 2014/6/20 13:34
You get what you pay for basically.

Yes, in this case you would have gotten the right to brag that you just spent 3500 for a cocktail in a refrigerated room while the rest of the country was doing everything they could to save energy to avoid rolling blackouts.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

reply to this thread