Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takashimaya store 2014/6/25 02:25
I want to visit Takashimaya store during my stay in Japan. Which is the closest subway station where I should get down if I travel by Subway from Akasaka.
by Archu (guest)  

Re: Takashimaya store 2014/6/25 12:31
From Tokyo Metro "Akasakamitsuke Station" to Nihonbashi Station, go to platform No.3, by Ginza metro line(Orange/Gold color). 6 stations away, 11 mins, 165 Yen per ride you will be Nihonbashi Station.
At Tokyo Metro "Nihonbashi Station", go to Exit No.B-2. You are already inside Nihonbashi Takashimaya store there.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Takashimaya store 2014/6/25 13:06
How many Takashimaya stores are there in Tokyo ? Is the Nihonbashi Takashimaya store same as the one at Time square ?
by Archu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takashimaya store 2014/6/25 13:52
There are two in central Tokyo, the one in Shinjuku and the one in Nihonbashi. I didn't notice a big difference between the two, but then again I've only been to each once or twice.

http://www.takashimaya.co.jp/store/index.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Takashimaya store 2014/6/25 17:10
The Times Sq one might be bigger, greater range of items. It has a modern facade.

The Nihonbashi has a traditional facade (http://www.timeout.jp/en/tokyo/venue/446/Takashimaya-Nihonbashi) and has those souvenir eco tote bags printed with the Nihonbashi building that I think the former doesn't have. The lower levels sell a lot of luxury brands.
by CLLR rate this post as useful

Re: Takashimaya store 2014/6/25 19:22
There are four Takashimaya stores in Tokyo. Nihonbashi, Shinjuku, Tamagawa and Tachikawa.
Shinjuku Takashimaya is the shopping complex building known as "Takashimaya Times Square". Shinjuku Takashimaya(or Times Square) is one of the largest department store in Tokyo, is the largest in Shinjuku area. You can go there by Tokyo Metro Marunouchi line(Red) to Tokyo Metro Shinjuku Station from Asakasaka-mitsuke Station, five stations away, 10 mins, 165 Yen.
But you need to walk about 10 mins from Shinjuku Station to Times Square. It's easier to visit Nihonbashi Takashimaya if you are a first time visitor.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread