Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where can I get omamori 2014/7/15 03:27
Hi!

I would like to know which of the temples or shrines in Kyoto and Osaka will I be able to get omamori(s). I only have 4 days in Japan and I'm hoping to get one for myself and a few for my family.

May I also know if hello kitty omamoris are authentic or are they just souvenirs for hello kitty fans?

Thank you!
by Daphne (guest)  

Re: Where can I get omamori 2014/7/15 13:22
You can purchase Hello Kitty Omamori at Kinkakuji-temple, Kyoto and Osaka Naritasan temple(Naritasan Fudoson or Naritasan Osaka betsuin, Myooh-in), Neyagawa city in Osaka. Kinkakuji-temple is one of the most popular temple in Kyoto. The price range is between 500 and 800 Yen each.

Osaka Naritasan: 10-1 Narita Nishimachi, Neyagawa-shi, Osaka

Omamoris can be obtain in major temples and shrines where staffs serve buddhist and shintoist for services.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I get omamori 2014/7/15 13:22
All temples/shrines in sight-seeing area sell some omamoris for luck with money, love, health, traffic safety, Peace to the household, prosperity to the business and so on.

I had heard hello kitty omamoris are sold at Kinkaku-ji temple in Kyoto.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3908.html
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread