Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Camera Shop in Kyoto 2014/7/15 15:29
Which camera (lenses) shop in Kyoto, especially Canon and Tamron can you recommend? I am looking for a best prices, of course :o)
by ADPP (guest)  

Re: Camera Shop in Kyoto 2014/7/15 21:22
You'd probably find better variety if you take a quick trip to Osaka. They have a huge camera and electronics store called Yodobashi Camera.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Camera Shop in Kyoto 2014/7/15 21:38
Next to the station, if I recall, there's a medium-sized Bic Camera. It's a mainstream store, so don't expect anything less than regular prices. For real bargains, a daytrip Osaka or Nagoya might be preferrable if you have the time.

I would presume you can find loads of "camera store" guides for both Osaka and Nagoya after a bit of googling ;)

Btw, depending on where you live, lens prices may be cheaper standardly. So you might try to be conservative and don't go like "wow that's really cheap, let's buy". Also keep in mind your local law on importing goods.
by thany rate this post as useful

Re: Camera Shop in Kyoto 2014/7/16 17:54
Your best bet is a quick trip to Osaka's Den-Den Town, you won't find much stuff in Kyoto.
by aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Camera Shop in Kyoto 2014/7/16 19:02

Bic Camera and Yodobashi basically have the same prices, and they are not cheap.

Kamera no Kitamura is also a nationwide chain that usually has a little bit cheaper prices than Bic/Yodo.

In Osaka's Den-Den Town is Tokiwa Camera store, that has very reasonable prices and also large selection of used lenses.
by K0DAMA rate this post as useful

reply to this thread