Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Super GT and D1 Tickets 2014/7/19 07:05
Hello,

I'm planning to travel to Japan in May 2015 from Boston. I have a few motorsports related questions.

I wanted to know how does one go about getting tickets for Super GT and D1 Grand Prix tickets? I read that http://www.buysumotickets.com/ might be option, but I want a motorsports centric website. What's the average cost of ticket?
by Rosso2015  

Re: Super GT and D1 Tickets 2014/7/19 13:30
Hi, I went to Sugo Super GT last year, and Fuji Super Gt last May, and I bought the tickets at the entrance gate, for both races, no problem. The cost is always around 6,000Y for basic entrance only, if you want anything more fancy, I don't know... cause those types are going to be sold out for sure at the day of the race.
At Sugo Circuit I even bought a Pitwalk pass in the morning. For the Fuji race it was sold out.
You can check prices and accommodations (even how to get there, bus schedules, etc) at the official circuits webpages (NOT at the super gt webpage) from about 2 months before every race if I remember correctly. About D1 I'm pretty sure you can get tickets at the race day also.
by MauroMS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Super GT and D1 Tickets 2014/7/21 18:07
I just went to Sugo this weekend. Advance tickets can be purchased only through foreigners-unfriendly pages so I bought mine on the spot. These are of course more expensive but what can you do (2100 jpy Sat, 6200 Jpy Sun, no weekend ticket on the spot, these are advance only). Pit walk or paddock pass no problem on the day but grid walk no chance. I went to Fuji in 2012 and they had a weekend pass for 6500 jpy I think, pit walk was also avilable but only in the morning, got sold out rather fast. But grid walk was also unavailable so now I think it's advance-only or part of some vip package.

I have no D1 experience (yet) but I imagine it's also very unfriendly towards foreigners so I would just show up and buy a daily ticket at the gate.

One thing though - Japan is very friendly towards spectators and you can go to virtually any place, not like F1 where you have bunch of different tickets with different prices. In Sugo, I was able to go to both grand stand and on the paddock roof which is in Europe typically charged separately or part of some vip package. The overall experience is fantastic although the new GT500 machines have lost the glorious sound they used to have, especially Hondas were sooo much better but I guess that is the time we live in.
by just a guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread