Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

amazon.co.jp 2014/7/20 02:47
Hello, i try'd to buy japanese books for study at amazon.co.jo, but the only for me available payment method is to pay with credit card, and i haven't one.

Does anyone know where i can buy gift cards for .co.jp ?

Greetings
Ashikabi
by Ashikabi  

Re: amazon.co.jp 2014/7/20 12:52
Where are you located in? The gift certificates are available at convenience stores and some mass merchandiser stores in Japan. Also available online, but for that you need either debit or credit card to purchase.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: amazon.co.jp 2014/7/20 18:40
Hey, and thats my problem. i haven't a credit card, and i come from austria ^^

but i need some books for study. these books cost in vienna 3x more as in japan.

So i try to get amazon.co.jp gift cards to purchase it from japan
by Ashikabi rate this post as useful

Re: amazon.co.jp 2014/7/21 08:42
I think as you know, if you are trying to order the Amazon.co.jp from Austria, that it is necessary to use a credit card. Even if you buy the Amazon gift card, the payment is required by credit card. Is there a service of virtual cards to Austria?
https://www.r-card-service.at/eBusiness/01_template1/84400867368744598...
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Re: amazon.co.jp 2014/7/24 17:31
if you buy gift card from 7-11 or lawson or any convenience stores, you dont need credit card anymore. You just enter it in the gift card as payment
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: amazon.co.jp 2014/7/24 17:41
Sounds like the OP is located outside of Japan, which means they are going to have a difficult time purchasing anything from amazon.co.jp without a credit card.

Have you looked into prepaid visa cards? It might be possible to use those on Japanese sites.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: amazon.co.jp 2014/7/24 17:51
Also, remember that you'll get charged with customs taxes when receiving your package.
Be sure to research the applicable rates in your country.
I have had a few bad surprises when ordering books on amazon jp, where cheap books, when adding transporter fee and customs taxes, went up 3 times the price they were originally.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: amazon.co.jp 2014/7/27 06:27
I live in America so I don't know if they ship to Australia, but I use honto. You can choose different shipping methods, as opposed to Amazon who only offers EMS. I know you can use a debit card to pay, do you have one of those?
by Ben (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread