Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Golf in japan week and weekend 2014/8/1 06:45
hello,

I will be coming to Japan this september (2014). I would like to play golf.

I have noticed that seems impossible to be playing alone in Japan, in opposite to many other countries in the world (I live in switzerland).

During one my weekends in september, I plan to go to the Hakone area for playing, but once again since I have no playing partners I can't book a tee time.

I was wondering how easy/difficult it is to be put in an existing group of players (twosomes or threesomes), since many people in japan do business on the golf course from what I have heard.

Further more, is it easier to be paired together with other people on private or public golf courses ?

I will be staying in the area of Saitama during my visit to Japan this time. So during the week days I wouldn't be able to travel too far away for playing.

Don't hesitate to contact me by private message.
by montueron  

Re: Golf in japan week and weekend 2014/8/1 13:11
The most golf courses in Hakone welcome visitors eventhough you are alone. The playing fee is around 10,000 Yen(Weekdays) and 13,000 Yen(Weekends).

Hano in Saitama is a typical golf town in Saitama area. The playing fee is around 6000 Yen(Weekdays).

But, some foreign visitors don't even know the Japanese way of playing manners in golf course, therefore international visitors may ask to bring Japanese full members to play. It's not discrimination.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread