Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Playing Tennis in Tokyo 2014/8/2 00:19
Just wondering, me and my friends are looking for tennis court around Tokyo but we couldn't find one? Any suggestion where we could play or do we need to enter any group or team to play tennis in Tokyo? Thank you.
by Peppu9234  

Re: Playing Tennis in Tokyo 2014/8/2 06:12
It's depending on you want to use a private or public tennis courts. eg, Hilton Tokyo in Shinjuku has an outside tennis court. The tennis court can be hired 6,000(+service fee and tax) Yen per hour.

If you like to use public tennis courts, then you must enter draw in advance and wait until win. The chance to win the draw may vary depending on the tennis court and area but it normally 1 in 4 chances to win on daytime of weekdays, 1 in 10-20 chances to win on weekends. Successful winners can be hired the tennis court but normally group(upto 5 players) take the first draw. Public tennis courts charge you 1300 Yen(each) for 1-2 hours for groups, 2600 Yen for individual players. You must select which tennis court or area you want to play at.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Playing Tennis in Tokyo 2014/8/3 14:57
I have never played in Tokyo myself so I cannot help with rates or availability. But there's a fairly large field next to Opera City, exactly on the opposite corner from Hatsudai Station. It's adjacent to Denny's restaurant and there are 4 or 5 courts.
by just a guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Playing Tennis in Tokyo 2014/8/3 16:09
The tennis court in Hatsudai is called "Taisho Central Tennis Club".
http://www.taisho-tennis.com/main/index06.htm

Non-members can be hired a tennis court there. 6,500 Yen on daytime(10,800 Yen on weekends) per hour.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread