Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Halloween party in dusseldorf? 2014/9/14 18:03
Hi,
I am wondering if there is a big halloween party going on which is a bit more focused towards the japanese?
I'm thinking since there is a large amount of japanese it might be nice to take my japanese wife there as a suprise ^_^

any inside information is welcome
by Boris (guest)  

Re: Halloween party in dusseldorf? 2014/9/15 12:15
Dusseldorf? Dusseldorf is not in Japan. Halloween is mostly an American holiday. While it is celebrated in many places, I highly doubt there's a Japanese-oriented American holiday in Germany.
by uhm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Halloween party in dusseldorf? 2014/9/15 12:47
I doubt there would be anything for Halloween, but what about other Japanese holidays throughout the year? Sometimes universities with Japanese exchange students will have a club that has events non-club members can join. My city in the US (Austin, Texas) has a beautiful Tsukimi (moon-viewing) festival every year in the Japanese Friendship Garden hosted and run by the University of Texas Japan Club.

Tsukimi just finished (it is usually early to mid September), but there are other holidays throughout the year your wife might enjoy celebrating! Check with local universities and clubs, or if you have anything Japanese-related in your city (like a museum exhibition, a garden, etc.) then check with them for events your wife might enjoy.

I think it is really nice you are thinking of her! I hope you find something!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Halloween party in dusseldorf? 2014/9/15 14:22
I know that the Japanese have lived many in Dusseldorf , especially among European.
The United States will open the biggest event, big event will be held in Japan Halloween.
Such information is not listed so far is the home page of the Japanese.
http://www.netdeduessel.de/
If you can read Japanese, mixi even can be searched, but such information was not listed just yet.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Halloween party in dusseldorf? 2014/9/15 14:30
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Day_in_Dusseldorf

Japan Day (German: Japan-Tag or Japantag) is a German-Japanese festival celebrated every year in May/June in Düsseldorf, Germany.
It is the largest festival of its kind in the world.
North Rhine-Westphalia is the home of the biggest Japanese community in continental Europe.In 2005, Japan Day attracted 1.2 million visitors..

There are around 37 000 Japanese in Germany, 11 000 of them in Dusseldorf (figures may be not be up to date).
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Halloween party in dusseldorf? 2014/9/15 15:27
Halloween is virtually unknown in Germany. Sure, we have heard about it, but aside from some clubs that throw a Halloween themed drink-a-thon and maybe some themed sales in big chains, that is it.

I have heard of nothing out of the ordinary and I live right near Düsseldorf. A quick googling only shows one walking dead/Halloween night.
by fatgermanbloke rate this post as useful

Re: Halloween party in dusseldorf? 2014/9/16 04:37
what a crazily niche question, lol.

Does anyone know if there's a Swiss themed tanabatta party in Delhi?
by not the walrus (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Halloween party in dusseldorf? 2014/9/16 21:59
Thank you all so much for the information.
I had hoped there would be something since the japanese go crazy over halloween. But i guess ill try my luck somewhere else.
Cheers!
by Boris (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread