Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

animate? is there better for anime toys? 2014/9/24 16:25
hi,

ive been to my 2nd animate shop, this time in shinjuku, I was notice this seems like a franchise style with each shop selling same stuff...

lots of books...

is there a good building, shop or street, tokyo based with content such as..

books & figures of Black rock shooter, chobits, onepiece, narito or (arhh the one with cute small sickly girl becomes WMD, shecano or something..) more classic stuff

animate have alot of miko, she is cool but im not into that.

i was hopefull for a street of shop after shop selling anime related stuff, but noticed shops are more scatered around..

maybe i went down wrong streets of shinjuku..

anycomments for this is welcome... so so so welcomed..

i have only 2 days left here , 😢

I gotta show my girlfriend a great area of stuff she likes..

help me to decide 1 place to goto to explore..
by shaun (guest)  

Re: animate? is there better for anime toys? 2014/9/24 17:59
Have you been to Akihabara yet?

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3003.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: animate? is there better for anime toys? 2014/9/25 12:52
Animate caters more to female audience, aka BL etc. And the biggest should be in Ikebukuro, the last time I was there i believed they move to more crowded area rather than the previously located at Otome road (the one at Otome road still there though.)

Otherwise, go Akihabara, there is not much selections in Shinjuku for anime toys/figurines. There is also Nakano Broadway but Akihabara probably easier.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: animate? is there better for anime toys? 2014/9/25 13:52
Yes, Akihabara is very close. About 20min.
From Shinjuku to Ochanomizu by JR Chuo line.
From Ochanomizu to Akihabara by JR Soubu line.
(Both trains stop the opposite side of the platform in Ochanomizu, easy to transfer.)
https://goo.gl/maps/VM0wJ
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: animate? is there better for anime toys? 2014/9/25 21:30
Chobits and older anime series' toys are not made anymore, so you'll have to go to second-hand stores like those in Nakano. Japanese merchandise changes with the times and it's hard to keep up, let alone find old things without having to pay for the added "demand".
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread