Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Data Sim Xperia Z2 2014/10/8 05:07
Has anybody tried the econnect's 1GB data SIM on Xperia Z2? Does it work?

I was told that it hadn't been tested and so they couldn't guarantee it works. Just wondered if anybody has tried.

The cdjapan's rental data SIM is compatible, according to their list. But I was more interested in the econnect's one.

I
We'll be visiting Japan for 20 days and wanted a SIM each rather than Wifi.

Thank you.

by kd (guest)  

Re: Data Sim Xperia Z2 2014/10/27 11:16
Both cdjapan and econnect are resellers on docomo's network so if your phone works on one it will work on the other.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Data Sim Xperia Z2 2015/1/10 20:21
Did you end up going with eConnect??? and if so did the data sim work alright in your Xperia Z2??? i have the exact same query, heading over at the end of this month.

Cheers,
Dan
by Danippon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Data Sim Xperia Z2 2015/1/13 03:19
Thank you for the response posted on 27/10/14. I didn't realise it, as I left for Japan on 26/10/14.

I went for cdjapan's 21 days data SIM rental, as choosing eConnect would have been at my own risk, since they didn't confirm compatibility. I didn't have a knowledge like the above poster. So, to the poster 10/01/15, I didn't go with eConnect.

I was happy with cdjapan. I got a SIM card each for my UK Xperia Z2 and my husband's UK Samsung Galaxy S3. I was still concerned about my Z2, but it worked absolutely fine for Internet and Viber, which I needed a SIM card for.
Oddly, my husband's Samsung said network not available. The cdjapan's customer care tried their best to help. But actually, the SIM card was working fine, despite the error message. So, we were both happy.

As it's SIM rental, we were to return the SIM cards to cdjapan from the Post Office in Narita Airport. But we ended up bringing them with us to UK (!), as we didn't have any time to go to the post office.
Our express coach had a big delay, due to a severe traffic jam. We just made it for our flight!

I posted the SIM card by recorded delivery from UK and emailed cdjapan to let them know. I tracked the post and they received the SIM cards fine.

by kd (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread