Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 cellphones - 2 sims 2014/10/14 21:32
So I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and S5. I will be in Japan for a year, starting in January (WH Visa).

I would like to have a prepaid data+voice sim card but that seems pretty complicated. Someone here rented a long term pocket-wifi and bought a Skype number.

I think this is a possibilty for me but I think there is another way? Since I have 2 functioning phones (which both work in Japan and are unlocked) I could buy one data sim and one voice only sim.

Thing is, the data sim card seems to have a 30 day limit?

I will go to a BIC Camera and look at all the options...
by asahana (guest)  

Re: 2 cellphones - 2 sims 2014/10/15 10:30
You could get one of the b-mobile voice and data sims to cover both in one phone. The complicated part is that they require residence and activation so you may need a friend to help you out with that.

I could buy one data sim and one voice only sim.

That would be a viable option. Get a softbank prepaid sim to cover voice and mail, and then a data sim for your data needs.

Thing is, the data sim card seems to have a 30 day limit?

There are long term rental services, and many of the prepaids are renewable indefinitely. What services are you looking at?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: 2 cellphones - 2 sims 2014/10/15 13:59
Hi,

my data plan used to have a 500 MB limit which was fine to me. I rarely hit that since I only use the internet for facebook, google maps, looking up trains, e-mail and whatsapp/line. No youtube videos or games for me.

So I guess 1 GB would be good for me?

I rarely talk via phone but still would like to be accessible.

I read some more about the data sim, if there is some data left over at the end of the month, it won't be transferred over, right?
by Asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 cellphones - 2 sims 2014/10/15 14:00
I read some more about the data sim, if there is some data left over at the end of the month, it won't be transferred over, right?

Generally no
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread