Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bmobile Visitor SIM then yearly SIM? 2014/10/25 03:39
I will have an unlocked iPhone when I arrive in Japan. Although I will be living there for over a year, I was thinking of ordering a Bmobile Visitor SIM card for when I first arrive. I have a couple questions.

1. The 14 Days Prepaid Visitor SIM offers unlimited data, but lists the price as the same for the 1GB Prepaid Visitor SIM. Wouldn't the 14 Days Prepaid be more since it offers unlimited data?

2. In the APN Settings, it lists the iPhone 6, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, and 4. It does not list the iPhone 6+. Does this mean it does not support the 6+ even though the 6+ is listed in their support devices? I ask just because they made it a point to list all versions of the 5 and 4, why not the 6?

3. Has anyone ordered it online and received it at the airport, how was your experience? I would like it to be delievered to the airport because I will not be picked up at the airport. I have to find my own transportation and where I go may change depending on where I will be staying so I would like data to access maps (I get lost easily).

http://www.bmobile.ne.jp/english/product.html

I also have some questions regarding the Non-Visitor SIM card. I did take notes from the other thread, but still have more. I apologize in advance.

1. Would the Platinum SIM Plan on the link below be for me? I would like voice and data. It states that the plan is 3980 yen a month, 1,560 for voice plus 20 yen per 30 seconds of voice, and that you get 7GB of data for 2,420.

http://www.bmobile.ne.jp/platinum/plan.html

2. I read that it is prepaid, but then also read on these threads something about it being 1 year plan. I will be there for a year so I do not mind this, but what is the difference?

3. This sounds like a dumb question, but when I go to the store to set it up will they be able to help me in English? As soon as I insert the SIM card and set it up, my plan will be all set? When do I pay it again and how?
by . (guest)  

Re: Bmobile Visitor SIM then yearly SIM? 2014/10/25 19:28
Hi,
If you don't mind, may I ride on your thread to clarify something on the SIM card.

Do I have to pre-order the SIM card? Can I purchase directly from somewhere in the airport upon my arrival (Fukuoka).

Would the SIM card be the same as a pocket wifi in terms of reception ? Rental of pocket wifi cost more than the unlimited 1 week SIM card plan and I am wondering if I should go for the cheaper alternative.

Thanks & sorry .guest for interrupting .
by DL (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bmobile Visitor SIM then yearly SIM? 2014/10/27 01:24
No worries - the more the merrier!
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bmobile Visitor SIM then yearly SIM? 2014/10/27 12:35
Reply to OP
No.1
Unlimited plan u get unlimited data but at only 300kbps. 1GB plan is best effort speed.

No.2
Same as 6.

No.3
None but do take not on the business hours of airport post office/location.

For yearly plan/post paid you will need proof of residency and a credit card for monthly payment.

As for setting up at shop in English, some may help but most will not. You have to do it yourself.Setting up Instruction in English is avsilable.
by credit card (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bmobile Visitor SIM then yearly SIM? 2014/10/27 12:41
To DL

Visitor prepaid is only available through online preorder deliver to airport post office or any address you request.

Shop sells prepaid bmobile SIM card for Japanese resident use which require proof of residence or local phone no.This is different from Visitor and it 1GB best effory speed for 30days.
by credit card (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bmobile Visitor SIM then yearly SIM? 2014/10/28 11:39
Thanks Credit Card for your reply.
by DL (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bmobile Visitor SIM then yearly SIM? 2015/5/11 11:10
Hi! did you ever get an answer to any of these questions?! I am living in Tokyo, looking for a sim for my Apple store-bought iphone 5s. Ideally want data and also calls.. does anybody have the platinum option??
by hlc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bmobile Visitor SIM then yearly SIM? 2015/5/11 13:40
I don't have the Platinum but another one, which should work in mostly the same way. What are your questions exactly?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Bmobile Visitor SIM then yearly SIM? 2015/5/11 14:52
I am going to be in Tokyo for at least a year and already have an iphone from the UK (Apple store-bought so unlocked). I don't want to pay the extortionate Softbank rates (nor buy a phone which won't be much use afterwards!). I'm looking for a plan with a) a phone number - that's pretty important and b) an internet plan of around 7/8 gb. I'm confused as to how the platinum sim works- where can I get it? Is there a contract engagement?

Thanks!
by hlc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bmobile Visitor SIM then yearly SIM? 2015/5/11 15:10
You buy it only from the bmobile website, your card is billed monthly. There is a 4-month contract, with a 8000 yen penalty if you cancel before the 5th month.

Re: Bmobile Visitor SIM then yearly SIM? 2015/5/11 15:19
Note that the softbank plans are a better deal if you plan to do more than 90 minutes of local calling per month. Most people don't fall into this category, but if you do then an unlimited calling plan will save you money in the long run.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Bmobile Visitor SIM then yearly SIM? 2015/5/11 18:54
Sorry I meant to write "you buy it online from the bmobile website". At least that's how I bought mine, but other places also sell bmobile SIMs, such as Amazon and maybe also some physical stores, but I am not familiar with how it works then.

If you buy from bmobile's website, you have to input your information and upload a scan/photo of your resident card, and they ship the SIM after it is verified (normally takes a couple days at most).

reply to this thread