Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is it weird if I write to mom of my penpal? 2014/11/18 02:51
I have a penpal. We communicate since the end of August. But now she hasn't replied me for almost two months. I'm sad,because she's great person and it were one of the best feelings in my life when I got an email from her. I don't know what to do,because I wrote her two other emails and I also contacted her on app Hangouts three times. She hasn't replied me,but she can't be very busy,because she normally adds new photos on Instagram. I don,t have any other conatct on her. I don't know if there's something wrong with my address(maybe I blocked her address by mistake) or if she doesn't want to reply me. Maybe she sent her message,but I just didn't receive it. I want to know the true. I have an email address on her mum. I want to try to write her and ask what was happen with her daughter. If she blocked me.doesn't want to reply me,still don't have time to answer or if there's problem with my address. Would it be embarrassing? Thank you for your help,because I'm very depent on her. Or if you have any other idea how to get know,if she answered me or something else how to contact her I will be very happy. Thank you,because I don't want to send her mum a message if it is embarrassing.

by Katie (guest)  

Re: Is it weird if I write to mom of my penpal? 2014/11/18 11:03
Yes, it's weird.

It's very clear your penpal doesn't want to contact you anymore, but nobody can't tell you why.

It will scare her if you contact her mom, I have to say.

I think you should just move on and forget about her.

by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it weird if I write to mom of my penpal? 2014/11/18 12:12
I think you can ask her mother that she(penpal) is alright.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Is it weird if I write to mom of my penpal? 2014/11/18 15:38
Don't. She doesn't want to talk to you anymore. At least for now. That much is obvious. You said that she's updating her instagram regularly, so you know she's in fair health. Let it go. It'd come across as super crazy if you emailed her mom.

I don't understand why you're very dependent on her? Best feelings of your life when you received an email from her? Maybe she picked up on these feelings and decided to cut off communication.
by CherryLemonLime rate this post as useful

Re: Is it weird if I write to mom of my penpal? 2014/11/19 00:30
She is alright. You don't have to ask her mom. You're not babies any more.

There are things in life you have to figure out by yourself. Don't push it on your friend or her mother to tell you what the "truth" is.

Grow up. You'll be okay.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Is it weird if I write to mom of my penpal? 2014/11/19 06:34
Yes, like others have said: do not contact her mom. When I was a lot younger, like 16, I used this website to get Japanese penpals. Most of them, but of course not all, stopped mailing after a while. For some it might have been a way to pass time, or just lost interest. Don't get into it too much. Bad for your health.
by Sam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it weird if I write to mom of my penpal? 2014/11/21 18:48
Like everyone else says, move on. It's bound to happen sooner or later.
by BlacklightRush rate this post as useful

reply to this thread