Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Exporting ice cream or Mochi? 2014/11/29 20:07
I would love to bring back Mochi and Ice cream to Malaysia but I can't seem to find rules regarding this. Can I actually do that and how so because I know you can't carry liquids on the plane so carry-on is out of the option. Help please?
by Kaykay (guest)  

Re: Exporting ice cream or Mochi? 2014/11/30 18:05
Check in the ice cream
Wrapped everything with string or rope then place in a box. If you have an ice box the ice cream stsys as a solid and you can carry on
by Joshua Hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Exporting ice cream or Mochi? 2014/11/30 20:58
it's best if you use dry ice, not sure about customs if they will allow you to take out of japan.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Exporting ice cream or Mochi? 2014/12/1 11:24
I would love to bring back Mochi and Ice cream to Malaysia but I can't seem to find rules regarding this.

Sure, no problem taking it out of Japan. But you'll need to check Malaysian customs rule regarding importing these items.

Can I actually do that and how so because I know you can't carry liquids on the plane so carry-on is out of the option. Help please?

Yes, you can pack it in dry ice and check it in. Check with your airline, they usually have a limit on the weight of dry ice that can be checked.

If you have an ice box the ice cream stsys as a solid and you can carry on

You'd better check with the airline, as I think it may be considered a liquid even when frozen.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread