Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best Place to study Japanese in Tokyo 2014/12/1 15:41
I am trying to determine which would be the best place to study Japanese in Tokyo from the list below.

1. Waseda University
2. Keio University
3. Sophia University
4. University of Tokyo
5. KAI Language school

I am looking for the most intensive program possible and ready to dedicate everything to learning it. I am between the N2 and N1 level and but want to find a college which really pushes the limits of
Reading
Writing
Listening
Speaking.

Especially writing out documents and thesis level papers.

I have been going on and off for almost 10 years due to a more Engineering focus in school and work. But by March 2015 I will be be able commit fully to Japanese and wish to hear everyones opinions.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!
by megaplex2112 (guest)  

Re: Best Place to study Japanese in Tokyo 2014/12/1 18:41
I might be a little bit uniformed but there is a huge difference between Kai Language school and the 'real' universities you have listed.

If you wanna learn Japanese I don't think these universities are the best deal since their focus is not to teach the Japanese language in a comprehensive manner... I mean you can obviously pick a major which is taught entirely in Japanese but for that you need to pass the EJU and for that most foreigners pick a language school like Kai Language school or ARC academy.

I amy be wrong though!
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best Place to study Japanese in Tokyo 2014/12/1 19:02
I correct myself, I did some digging, Tokyo University offers language courses to their international students and foreign researchers.

Sophia has this (Apparently, no restriction of being a student?):
http://www.sophia.ac.jp/eng/admissions/jlc

Waseda has this:
http://www.waseda.jp/cjl/en/regular.html

Keio university:
The Japanese Language Program is chiefly designed for students who are currently enrolled in, or are graduates of, an undergraduate degree program at university.

But you're too late for admissions for April 2015 and applications for the fall programms start around April 2015...
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread