Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

receiving used/old cars 2014/12/5 18:42
Hello guys, its good to be here to read how guys questions are been answered and advice given makes me think mine wont be an exception.
i got my kaitai licence from my city government to scrap/dismantle cars for parts.
but my question now is as a foreigner what should i do to get people to bring/sale their old used cars to me or bring to my yard? what kind of commercial should i do? please any help will be much appreciated. i have tried making flyers and putting in news papers, really don't know what else to do.help please
by teemac  

Re: receiving used/old cars 2014/12/5 19:21
I do not think that people who want to sell their cars as scrap rely on ads on newspaper nor flyers; they are most likely use google search with key words like ŽÔ and ‰ð‘̉® to find a local business who is offering the best rate (price)...
I also would like to suggest to check and find out what your "competitors" are doing/offering.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: receiving used/old cars 2014/12/5 20:07
Thanks bro you are on point, what you said made sense. We have also registered our business online I hope when people search for kaitai our company will appear on the list.
Thanks ones again for your insight greatly appreciated.
by teemac rate this post as useful

Re: receiving used/old cars 2014/12/6 04:07
A relatively cheap but time consuming way is to create flyers with your business outline and go around neighbourhoods to drop them in people's mailbox. You could have students do it for 700 or 800 yen per hour.

Another way is to place advertisements in local newspapers, target magazines (like local secondhand car sales magazines or something), or on billboards near busy roads and train stations.

Have you already studied the local car market and its features? To me many cars in Japan look too new to be sold as scrap, and I don't know much about the secondhand possibilities. As much as you need people to get items from, you will need customers to sell to as well. How will you reach them?
by George (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: receiving used/old cars 2014/12/6 08:58
Hello George thanks for your contribution, you are right in all you said. Like i said earlier we made some flyers and attached in daily newspaper for about 3,000 residents. But we are yet to try the second hand cars magazine as you mentioned which i believe will be our next move.
We are not looking for customers to buy the cars from us because all the cars will be scraped and the parts extracted and ship to various countries as used parts. I am beginning to understand that commercial is a major factor when it comes to business thanks guys for the insight we truly appreciate your advice trust me we will put it into consideration.

Re: receiving used/old cars 2014/12/6 23:02
Ah I didn't see that you already spread flyers.

Something else I just thought of: You might want to establish a business relationship with repair shops and companies that tow away cars that have been in an accident. They might get some people into their business that they can't help, and then it would be nice if your place is the first one they recommend to others.

Also, you could visit other parts sales places, and if you can find good deals, all you need to do is ship them abroad for a profit, without any hard work for yourself.

Good luck with the business!

Re: receiving used/old cars 2014/12/7 00:17
do you have a license of ŒÃ•š€ ?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: receiving used/old cars 2014/12/7 07:19
Hello George
Thanks for all you said; as a matter of fact I have gone to repair shops, few of them accepted my flyer saying they will be in touch while some said that they already have contact with other scrap yard. But I am yet to go to towing company or car rental companies, as for going to other parts sales place, that i am doing already though its challenging, getting our own cars directly from individuals or shops will make a whole lot of difference. Thanks so much for your great contributions most appreciated.

Yes Ken we haveŒÃ•š€ license

Re: receiving used/old cars 2014/12/7 18:45
Oh, one last thing I thought of (talking about business opportunities, even not for myself, gets my blood flowing!): you could approach companies that have a big fleet of cars (transport companies, taxi companies, etc) to let them know what you can do for their old vehicles.

Also, you should consider providing a service that makes you stand out above the competition. For example at home car pick up so that the customer does not even need to visit the scrapyard. Maybe you can work out a deal with a local car sales place that everyone who hands you their car, gets a discount on their new car at that place. That would lead to more customers for both of you.

Re: receiving used/old cars 2014/12/7 19:24
Hello George
I have no doubt you love business, with the kind of ideas you have I am sure you will be successful in your line of trade.
Talking about companies with fleets of cars well I am yet to make that research as a matter of fact I live in yamaguchi and itfs not a big city so to speak so not much cars and more importantly there are other big well known scrap yards around.
We are not one year yet so we are trying to climb the ladder of success one step at a time, with hard work we will get there.
George all your suggestionfs are highly welcomed and appreciated

Re: receiving used/old cars 2014/12/7 19:47
Yamaguchi, interesting! Looking at the geographic location and taking into account that you say there are not a lot of big companies, I imagine a lot of Yamaguchi residents work either in Hiroshima or Kitakyushu, so they will use the shinkansen to go to work. As yamaguchi itself is not on the Sanyo shinkansen line, most people will go to Shinyamaguchi to get on the train. Advertising at or around that station could be interesting, perhaps more interesting than yamaguchi main station. Most of this is based on assumption, but you could check it out.

Is there a bit of a foreign community in yamaguchi? Maybe a foreign newspaper or community magazine?

Re: receiving used/old cars 2014/12/7 20:12
George, trust me when I say that all the things you said and the advice I never thought about really. Advertising around shin-yamaguchi area sound like a good idea
I will find out how the advert thing works around that area and the cost too.
As for foreign community here in yamagushi I donft think so, I only know about fukuoka-now which happens to be a foreign weekly magazine, I think I heard something about town page weekly magazine here in yamaguchi but I have not given it a thought, now that you mentioned it I will give it a go

reply to this thread